Chapter Eight

Dean had plans for Cas to come to his house while his parents were away and they would drive up to the boarding school Gabriel was at. John said he didn't care if Dean and Cas went. It was all set. It would only take Dean a day to drive up there. Cas had made Gabriel's favorite cookies. It's been a long time since he seen his brother. Too long. He sent letters to him every week, but he never received one back. Except for that one time. Gabriel said Cas had to promise not to get into trouble while he wasn't there. He couldn't protect him if he had. Cas used to always break the rules when he was younger, but Gabriel usually took the blame so Cas wouldn't get in trouble. Cas parents were horrible people. They wouldn't just ground their children or take away their phones, they would lock them in dark closets for two days. If you didn't take your shoes off at the door they would take away your shoes and make you walk around in the woods. Cas never told Dean what his parents did to him, he would freak out and it wouldn't end well. He knew his parents would do something horrible to him, but he needed to see Gabriel.

The only other person that knew how Dean felt about Cas was sam. Dean never told, but he wasn't blind. He could see it.

"When are you going to kiss him already?" Sam asked after one day after Cas left. "I mean he is practically your boyfriend already."

"Shut up." Said Dean his hand covering the boys face pushing him away.
Dean was blushing and sam could tell he liked Cas.

"Come on Dean you can tell me. I'm not a blabber mouth." Said sam chasing Dean up the stairs. Dean groaned trudging into his room. Did he really need his little brother involved? Maybe he would feel better if someone knew....

Sam followed Dean into his room. "Dean....you used to tell me everything. Come on." He said sitting down on deans bed. Dean wouldn't say everything, but he did share a great deal with sam.

"Alright alright, but if you breathe another word of this I will personally beat the living shit out of you? Understand?" It was an empty threat, but Dean was filled with those. Sam nods smiling from ear to ear.

"I do....i don't know maybe...." Dean trailed off not wanting to continue.

"Stop it. You do know. I see the way you look at Cas. Always staring at each other when one of you walks into the room before you even say hello. I might be only 12, but I'm not stupid." Sam liked to observe things. Always watching, not always talking though.

Dean sighed running his hand through his hair. "I'm in deep sam." Said Dean looking over at him. Sam wanted to jump and say 'I KNEW IT', but he could see it wasn't a game to Dean. It was serious, something to handle with care. Sam knew Cas was an awkward person and many situations turned a very awkward corner right down awkward lane with him. Dean loved that though. Always laughing. It was just in the bond they shared.

"I'm pretty sure Cas feels the same way about you." Said Sam trying to comfort Dean who was now sitting on the bed with his face in his hands. "I don't think it's one sided Dean....." Sam read a lot of books. Always pulling out the sappy crap when Dean was in trouble.
Dean made fun of him for it, but He appreciated the effort.

Dean smiled through his hands. The thought of Cas would make anyone chuckle. Dean sprang up and started tickling sam. The boy was soon laughing endlessly underneath Dean. Trying to set himself free, but he never actually succeeded. "Dean!" He managed to get out. Dean let him up, but he was still hugging him tightly.

"Thank you Sammy." Dean whispered kissing the top of his head. Sam melted into his big brothers arm. A place that made him feel everything would be okay. It was a comforting protection.

"I'm taking cas to see his brother in a couple of days. Probably won't be back until Tuesday night though." Said Dean, "I want you to stay over at Bobby's until I get back. Dad won't be home and I can't leave you alone for That long." Bobby was pretty much another father to them. He even met Cas. John tried, but it's hard being a single father. never home enough, too drunk, but he had his moments as a father. Dean loved him, mostly. When he was yelling at sam all Dean wanted to do was punch him in the face. Sam enjoyed bobby. He drank, but he worked from home. He didn't have a tv, but he had s lot of interesting books...some where a little creepy. Sam agreed and Dean let go of him Dean felt better now that sam knew.