Chapter Nine

"Alright Cas, let's roll." Said Dean putting their bags in the trunk and shutting it. Cas gets in the passenger with a plate of cookies. They were Gabriel's favorite. Dean got in the driver seat and popped in his cassette tape. "House rule Cas, driver picks the music shotgun shuts his cakehole" said Dean staring the car beginning a long drive. As they drove Dean sang along to all the songs. He wasn't the best singer, but Cas didn't think he cared. Cas even joined in on a couple songs. He never really listen the these songs, but it was a good change. When it was starting to get dark Cas started to get worried. He wasn't sure what his parents were going to do to him or how Gabriel would react when he saw him. Dean was sure that his parents wouldn't find out, but he knew they would.

Cas pulled out his pack of cigarettes. He hadn't smoked one since he met Dean. He didn't need to, but he couldn't get his nerves under control. "May I?" Cas asked holding up his cigarette. Dean looked over at Cas and sighed.

"One. Don't need my car to smell like your stale ass cigarettes." He said putting his eyes back on the road. Castiel rolled down the window and took out his lighter. He lit his cigarette and put it to his mouth. It was cold outside. Dean thought it was too cold to have the windows open, but Cas wanted to smoke his cigarette. He must've been pretty stressed out if he was smoking. Castiel wasn't saying much. He just kept staring out the window.

"Little cold to have the windows open, don't you think?" Dean said looking over at Cas. Cas shrugged.

"I think it's nice." He said finishing his cigarette throwing it out the window. He didn't know if
he was allowed to do that, but it was too late to now. Cas rolled the window up almost to the top. He leaned back in his seat and took off his coat and put it over top of him. Once he shut his eyes he fell asleep quickly.

When Castiel awoke the sun was shining through the car. They were parked on the side of the deserted road. Dean was asleep with his arms folded over his chest. Cas need to stretch his legs. He opened the car door quietly and climbed out. We walked for a little. He was surrounded by corn fields and the sun was jut coming up over the horizon. It was really nice, he wished Dean was up to walk with him. After about a half an hour he walked back to the car. "Dean." He shook his shoulder lightly. Dean eyes open and he looked at Cas.

"Wanna start driving again?" He asked yawning stretching his arms.

"We could walk together. It's quite beautiful outside." Said Cas smiling.

"Alright, but just for a bit." Said Dean getting out of the car locking the doors. He cracked his back and shook his legs out.

"this way." Said Cas heading back the way he went before. Dean followed him along the dirt road. It was pretty nice outside. Not too cold not too hot, just nice. After walking for a couple minutes Cas grabbed deans hands. Dean looked down and smiled.

"Hey Cas....watcha doing?" Dean asked still holding onto his hand.

"They do this in the movies. Don't they?" Cas asked looking at Dean tilting his head. That damn head tilt drove Dean crazy every time. Cas hair was a mess and Dean just wanted to kiss him, but he couldn't do that.

"Yeah Cas, they do this in the movies." While they walked Dean swung their hands a little. Sometimes to make Cas laugh he would swing his arm faster.

They walked until they reached a tree with a swing tied on it. It was in the shade surrounded by cornfields. Probably some farm kids swing, but Castiel ran too it like he was a little kid. Without any hesitation he sat on the swing and started swinging. He laughed while he swung. He and Gabriel used to do this as little kids until their father tore down the swing when Cas accidentally fell off and broke his arm because of it.

Dean smiled and sat down leaning up against the tree. "Ten minutes then we have to head back." Dean said. Castiel nodded and slowed down the swing. After a few minutes he got off and sat next to Dean. He leaned his head on his shoulder and looked at the sun. Dean wrapped his arm around Cas and pulled him close. It was perfect.