Chapter Eleven

When Cas woke up he was better. Gabriel explained what was going to happen and Castiel felt better. Gabe wanted to make the most out of this weekend. They played childish jokes on the other students and even some faculty. They all felt better. When it was time to go home Cas had a hard time letting go of Gabriel, literally. He hugged him tightly not wanting to go back home. He begged Dean if they could stay longer but Dean had to say no. He didn't want to have to say that, but they needed to be home before Cas's parents got home.

"Don't make me go, Dean." Cas said tears in his eyes hugging gabe even tighter.

"Come on little brother, it'll be okay. We will write, call, text. It'll be okay" he said trying to break free from Cas, but Cas was strong. He hated doing this. It hurt to see Cas suffering so much. Dean ended up having to pry Cas off of him. They said their goodbyes and Cas climbed into the back seat crying into his rolled up jacket. He didn't want to leave his brother, not again. Dean didn't try to comfort him this time. He needed to cry this one out. Dean turned on soft music and began their drive back home.

Gabriel cried too. After they left he cried for hours. What was he doing to his little brother? How could he force him back to his parents? He knew they would hurt him and he just let it happened. He wanted to go back, keep him here forever. At the same time he knew he did the right thing, but at that moment he just wanted to do stupid stuff with his brother. He wanted to go back and tell him he could stay here. They could run away together, just playing jokes and getting into trouble. He only cried harder until he passed out. In a pool of his tears. His pillow was soaked. His eyes puffy his throat sore. He could only imagined how Cas felt.

Cas was inconsolable for most of the car ride. He went to sobs, to sniffles, to light crying and repeating. He finally fell asleep in the backseat. He couldn't see, but tears were falling down deans cheeks too. Hearing him cry and not being able to do anything about him feel like a failure. Like he let him down. He was a failure in his eyes. To Cas's eyes though Dean was a strong, kind hearted, loving person. Failure, mistake, useless, fuck up never once came to mid when he thought of Dean. He owes everything to Dean, but he owes Dean a thank you the most. Taking him to see Gabriel was the best thing that had happened to him even though it was painful to leave. He loved his brother and was grateful he got the chance to see him. He realized this towards the end of the car ride. He finally stopped crying and sat up. Puffy eyes, sore throat, headache. But all the same he smiled. Not a big smile, or a small smile, just a smile. He thanked Dean. He thanked him over and over and over again. When he got home he would write to Gabriel saying that he wasn't as sad as he was. He was... ..better. Not okay, but better. Dean felt relived after Cas said this. Of course he said he didn't need to be thanked. But Cas still thanked him over and over.

When they returned to Cas's house Dean asked him if he wanted him to stay over. Cas simply shook his head and explained how he needed to be alone for awhile. Dean hugged him goodbye and went to go pick up his littler brother from Bobbys.

Cas went to his room and wrote to Gabriel right away. He also charged his second phone Gabriel gave him so they could talk. He had to keep reminding himself it would be okay. A couple hours after Cas came home his parents came home and called Cas down immediately. He started shaking as he walked down the steps. He sat down in the living room looking down at his feet. He refused to look up for he was guilty of seeing Gabriel. Apparently the school called his parents and told them that two boys were causing trouble with Gabriel. His parents started yelling at him. He wasn't really sure what they were saying, but he was sure it was a load of bull shit. His father all the sudden came rushing towards him. What's in his hand? A bat? A pole? Everything went dark for Castiel.