Rekindling Love.

Hinata stared at his phone, hesitating for a moment before finally pressing the call button. His heart raced as he listened to the dial tone, anxiously waiting for Tsukishima to pick up. It had been months since their break-up, but they had managed to remain friends, albeit with a tinge of lingering affection.

"Hello?" Tsukishima's voice sounded slightly groggy, as if he had just woken up.

"Hey, Kei," Hinata greeted, his voice filled with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

"Sho? What's up? Is something wrong?" Tsukishima asked, concern lacing his words.

"No, no, nothing's wrong," Hinata assured him. "I just wanted to share some good news with you."

Tsukishima let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, shoot. What's the good news?"

"I made it onto the national volleyball team!" Hinata exclaimed, unable to hide his excitement.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Tsukishima spoke again, his voice filled with genuine happiness. "Sho, that's amazing! I knew you could do it."

A wide smile spread across Hinata's face. Even after their break-up, Tsukishima remained the first person he wanted to share his accomplishments with. They had known each other so well, and their connection ran deep.

"Thanks, Kei. I couldn't have done it without your support," Hinata replied gratefully.

Tsukishima chuckled softly. "Well, I suppose I'll always be your number one fan, whether we're together or not."

Hinata's heart skipped a beat at Tsukishima's words. It was moments like these that made him question why they had broken up in the first place. There was still a strong bond between them, an undeniable chemistry that seemed to grow stronger with time.

Their conversation flowed easily, with both of them sharing stories and catching up on each other's lives. They laughed together, reminisced about old times, and even teased each other just like they used to.

As the evening wore on, Hinata found himself growing increasingly comfortable talking to Tsukishima. It felt as if no time had passed since they had last been a couple. The ease of their friendship, coupled with the lingering affection, made Hinata wonder if they had made the right decision to part ways.

A few weeks later, Hinata found himself facing a moment of heartbreak. He had been training tirelessly for an upcoming match, pouring his heart and soul into every practice session. But despite his efforts, he had been sidelined due to an injury. Devastated and overwhelmed, he reached for his phone, his fingers trembling as he dialled Tsukishima's number.

"Hey, Sho. What's going on?" Tsukishima's voice sounded concerned.

Tears welled up in Hinata's eyes as he struggled to find the words. "Kei, I... I got injured. I won't be able to play in the match."

There was a brief silence before Tsukishima spoke, his voice filled with sympathy. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Sho. I know how much volleyball means to you."

Hinata sniffled, trying to hold back his tears. "Yeah... it just feels like everything I've worked for is slipping away."

"No, it's not," Tsukishima said firmly. "You're still an incredible player, Sho. One injury doesn't define you."

Hinata felt a surge of warmth fill his heart at Tsukishima's comforting words. It was in moments like these that he realised just how much he still relied on Tsukishima's support, how much he still cared for him.

Over time, their late-night phone calls became a regular occurrence. They shared their triumphs and failures, their joys and sorrows. They were each other's biggest cheerleaders, supporting one another through thick and thin. Tsukishima's feelings for Hinata grew deeper with each conversation, and he found himself falling for Hinata all over again.