1

Chapter 1

Bai Nian never thought that she would cross time, and she would be on the ship that left Boston, USA to Sydney, Australia in 1941. And dressed as a female missionary! Now she still remembers the shock of waking up and seeing the sight around her.

She was originally sitting on the plane to Boston, USA, and spent a year completing the school application, busy with various exams and material preparation. The moment I got on the plane, I finally settled down, thinking about my new life in the United States, looking forward to it while feeling apprehensive, looking at the vast sea of ​​clouds outside the plane window, thinking that this should be a place very close to heaven, and then slowly falling asleep. In a daze, the plane was turbulent , Bai Nian woke up with a start, and the cabin announcement came from his ears. The plane encountered turbulence, please passengers not to panic. Bai Nian settled down, he had encountered this before on a plane, it was nothing new.

Bai Nian took out her Kindle and clicked on it. The front page was the Maugham novel she read a few days ago. She wanted to play a game for a while, and was about to turn it off. and then falling violently, is like a roller coaster. Bai Nian fell to the ground with the Kindle in her hands. She was terrified and grabbed the sides of the chair tightly. There were panic cries in her ears. made Bai Nian feel as if her heart was suffocating. The speed of the plane's descent was getting faster and faster. Quick, finally she lost consciousness.

When Bai Nian woke up, she felt the surrounding bumps and the sound of water. She seemed to be lying on the bed, and the feeling of weightlessness before she lost consciousness seemed to be still in her body, dizzy. With a low voice, she felt someone shadowing her, "Mrs. Davidson, are you awake?" Although she was not clear-headed at the moment, she still realized that the other party was speaking not Chinese but English. Where is she? After all her senses returned, she could see her surroundings clearly. This is the cabin of a ship. Outside the glass is the blue ocean. Occasionally, the sound of seabirds flashes by, and the afterglow of the sun shines through the open door. Come in, dazzling golden eyes. Opposite her sat a middle-aged lady in a long skirt, with light brown hair tied up in her arms. Judging from the style of the skirt, she was rather old, like a character in an old foreign black and white movie in the early 20th century. The middle-aged lady stretched out her hand to touch Bai Nian's forehead as she spoke, "Oh, thank God, you woke up and your fever has subsided. It's really worrying." "What happened?" Bai Nian asked, she was in a daze now Water, the other party froze for a moment. Bai Nian suddenly realized that he was speaking Chinese, so he switched to English and asked again.

"Oh, Mrs. Davidson, don't you remember, you have been seasick and vomited since you got on the ship, and you started with a low-grade fever, and it got worse and worse. Naval doctors and medical equipment. In the end you passed out and we were so nervous that we were dying, thank God you finally woke up! How else would we explain to your husband, who entrusted us to take care of you while traveling together."

Bai Nian was suddenly surprised, "What! Husband???!!! Me, when did I have a husband?" She only realized now that this middle-aged lady kept calling her madam. Let alone having a husband, Bai Nian has never had a formal boyfriend. She had a crush on a boy from high school to university, but she didn't know how to develop the relationship. She felt that the other party knew her thoughts and had a good impression of her but The other party didn't say that the two were just flirting with each other like this. After a quarrel that later seemed inexplicable, the cold war broke off contact, and I accidentally heard that the other party had a girlfriend. Knowing that there was no hope, she suddenly realized that her former pride and self-esteem was a ridiculous reserve. At that time, I clearly loved the other party, but I couldn't let go of my face. Now that I think about it, those insistences are like a mockery of myself still suffering alone. At this time, I understand that when I encounter love, I will give it, but the time is no longer coming. This time, she wanted to start a new life in a new country and let the past go. But at this moment, someone actually told her that she had a husband.

Bai Nian was a little flustered, he didn't know what was wrong now, so he could only wait and see what happened. Under normal circumstances, Bai Nian always has a kind of inner calm. As long as he can control himself, he will have a sense of security. But now someone told her that she had a husband. For Bai Nian, a husband is a person who shares life with each other, a complete stranger, full of uncontrollable factors, especially the impact on his own life. She tried to calm herself and digest the news.

Chapter 2 Identity

Seeing Bai Nian's shocked face, Mrs. Mike was confused. "Mrs. Davidson, are you all right?"

"No, it's nothing, can you tell me what's going on? I've had a fever for a few days, and I'm not sober."

"Oh, do you want me to call Mike to see?"

"No, I don't need it, can you chat with me for a while, I've slept for a long time, and I hope to talk to someone." Bai Nian tried to make herself look natural, and now she doesn't know if the place is still safe if the other party finds out her identity.

"Of course I'd love to, I've been sewing here and it's nice to have someone talking now."

From the intermittent chat, Bai Nian secretly speculated that she should have traveled through time, and I don't know what happened to the other passengers, but according to the current situation, the plane she was on was not good or bad. Still sad, happy that I am still alive, sad that everything that used to be meaningless. With mixed feelings, Bai Nian cheered up and chatted with the lady in front of her. English is not her native language. Although she can pass a series of language tests and ability tests, she is different from people whose native language is English. She was born in China. Hearing English requires a little reaction. Once you don't pay attention, it is easy to jump out of the context and get distracted, and you don't hear it. For the time being, she was unable to subconsciously receive the All England information.

Bai Nian gradually understood that the middle-aged woman she was talking to was Mrs. Mike, and her husband, Mike, was a doctor. They also boarded a boat from Boston to Sydney, and the boat would pass through Pago Pago. disembark in Northern Samoa. Bai Nian's "husband" had something to call on the local bishop before leaving at the last station, so he asked them to take the boat first, and he took the next one, and asked Mike and his wife to take care of his wife.

Both Bai Nian and her "husband" are missionaries, sent by the Boston General Church, to spread Christianity on various small islands in the Pacific Ocean, so that the suffering people can convert to Jesus Christ, recognize original sin, and accept the love of our Lord.

Under Mrs. Mike's narration, Bai Nian knew that the original owner of this body was sent by the head teacher to China for several years before returning to Boston. When she first heard this, Bai Nian's eyes widened in surprise. Fortunately, this body overl applied with her own, which made her feel more at ease. In the future, if she accidentally reveals some Chinese features, no one will be suspicious.

The Bai Nian couple and the Mike couple met in Boston, because the boat was full of cards, gambling, or endless dancing. Mrs. Mike didn't like these, and according to the chat, the original owner of the body was also a stubborn person who abided by the teachings. So the two families became more