17

secret action. This discovery made her happy and worried at the same time. The happy thing is that she is quite satisfied with this situation at present, and the worried thing is how she will deal with herself if she is suddenly broken like that night. And she was wondering when it would be appropriate to tell Davidson her secret. Davidson is an idealist, and it is difficult for him to accept it. What should I do if I think I am some kind of monster. But whenever Davidson calls her Anna , she has a kind of inner resistance, like people who meet every day and call another person's name to you every time.

In the past few days, Bai Nian also avoided getting along with Davidson, because Davidson would often stare at him.

The weather has been fine for a week, and the captain's illness is finally cured. The four of them packed up their things and boarded the boat. Dr. Mike and his wife are going to Sydney. Davidson were husband and wife in name, they were not much better than strangers. She didn't know this person well.

When we arrived in Northern Samoa, we bid farewell to Dr. Mike and his wife when we disembarked. Bai Nian hoped that they would come to see him when they passed by in the future.

"Mike is very interested in the disease here. He will first go to Sydney to study with the doctors there for a few months, and then come back. I also miss you, and Mike and I often go around. I don't have many friends, and you are One of those rare ones.”

"Oh, it's great that you will come back, so I can rest assured that I will have neighbors in the future." Bai Nian pulled Mrs. Mike away, pretending to look at the distant scenery.

"Mrs. Mike, I want to ask you something."

"What will happen if the priests divorce?" Mrs. Mike was a little curious when she saw Bai Nian's solemn expression.

"I mean if."

"Mrs. Davidson, I don't know what you are thinking, but priests cannot divorce, and I remember that you were married under the arrangement of the chief priest, which is even more difficult. Blatantly violating the will of God and your own promises punished."

Bai Nian felt uneasy, "What punishment?"

"Expulsion from the church is considered light, and you may even be whipped. This depends on the ruling of the churches in various places. Besides, Davidson is a bishop of the first district. He can be so obsessed with Miss Simplow's matter. I don't think he will allow himself to appear. Divorce is something that blatantly violates faith." Bai Nian was silent.

If I escape, where can I go? Europe is at war, and Asia will also be affected, and now the skin color is different and it is difficult to integrate. Australia is fine, at least they are all white, but how can they leave without Davidson knowing? The point is that she simply felt that such an action of escaping was inappropriate, and she didn't feel that she was someone else's property in her heart, and she had no freedom in life.

Dr. Mike is talking to Davidson.

"The Governor is going to build a hospital in Pago Pago to treat local sailors and navies as well as natives." Dr. Mike said, smoking a pipe.

"I have already suggested to the governor to do this. They buy the crops and handmade products on the island at a low price, sell them at a high price, and make a lot of money, but they are unwilling to build some infrastructure for the natives, so their lives are still very backward." Davidson looked sad.