Chapter Seventeen: The Missing Electric-Z

˜"*°•.˜"*°• PARADISE •°*"˜.•°*"˜

[Kukui's Home - Inside]

It was nighttime in Kukui's Home.

The group are sitting at the couch, watching a popular TV drama called "Alolan Detective Laki".

Ash is sitting on Kukui's right. While Jasper is sitting on Kuku's left.

Ash, Pikachu, Rowlet, and Rockruff all shared a bucket of popcorn.
While Jasper, Leo, and Snowball shared another.

Both buckets of popcorn are on the coffee table. Leo was on the table, eating some of it. Jasper would occasionally grab some and ate it, also feeding some to Snowball who is sitting next to him.

Rotom-Dex appeared in front of the TV, wearing a Detective Laki wig. "By my reasoning, the culprit is that guy." It said, going towards the screen and pointing at the guy standing next to "Mrs. Makani". "I'm sure of it!"

"Heh. I'm not sure of that." Kukui said. "I think it's Makani's wife." He said, imitating Detective Laki a bit.

"I think the culprit is the doctor." Jasper said, adding in his opinion.

"I see. That's a bold deduction." Rotom-Dex said.

"You've really gotten into Laki too, huh, Rotom?" Kukui asked.

"How couldn't I? It's so interesting!" Rotom-Dex said.

"It's great how a common interest in a show, can brought people together." Jasper said, smiling.
"Rio." Leo ate some of the popcorn.
"Sand." Snowball ate some of the popcorn that Jasper fed him.

"What's with the hair, Rotom?" Ash asked, mouth still full with some popcorn.

"That's an excellent question." Rotom-Dex said. He flips the wig, a bit. "This is from the Laki Dress-up Set. The professor bought it for me." He said. "It also came with seven detective gadgets, so it was a real bargain!" He shows everyone the gadgets.

"Pikachu." Pikachu plays a bit with Rotom-Dex's wig.

"The culprit is the only person who knows the hiding place of the Princess' Tear." Laki said. "But the culprit didn't realize that I also know the hiding spot." He revealed.

Everyone in the room, waits for Laki's revelation.

"The culprit of this case is... you!" Laki said, and points at the doctor. "The culprit is you, Doctor!"

Everyone is shocked.

"What?!" Kukui and Rotom-Dex exclaimed.

"I was right!" Jasper said, smiling.

"I'm the culprit?" The doctor questioned, standing up. "Don't be ridiculous. Do you have any proof?"

"Of course, I do, Doctor." Laki stated. "The proof is..." He walked towards a Sableye doll and picks it up. "This Sableye doll!" He revealed. "There's one more. My dear Smeargle, please." He said, walking back to his Pokémon partner.

Smeargle quickly grabs the bag that was next to the Doctor, and jumps back to where Laki is.

"Thank you. You are the perfect assistant, Smeargle." Laki said.

Smeargle took out a Sableye doll from the bag.

"Doctor, you were prepared to secretly switch out this doll later, isn't that correct?" Laki asked. "Because..." He opens the gem on the Sableye doll he holds, revealing the Princess' Tear. "The Princess' Tear is hidden inside the Sableye doll that was in this room." He stated.