Chapter Five

Olivia's POV

"He's a dead man." Mickey said. "Give it a week, he'll be in the hospital at the minimum."

"Mickey, you shouldn't be doing this." Ian said.

"Ian, that is a woman. And she's defenseless, and I am not going to let her get the shit beat out of her by some punk ass kid who thinks he's all that just because he has a pair of balls."

My eyes widened and I looked at Carl. He noticed the panic in my face and turned completely towards me. "Are you ok?"

"Carl. Don't let him do that, I've tried to fight back before and pulled out a blade. He'll get hurt and then it'll be all my fault."

"Olive, Mickey has done this to way bigger people then him." Carl said.

Suddenly, my breathing started to grow heavy as if I couldn't breath. I felt as though I couldn't breath. I reached up, placing a hand on my throat as my breathing only grew heavier.

"Olive?" Carl asked.

I seen Ian's eyes widen out of the corner of my eye.

"Ian- what's happening?" Carl asked.

I wrapped my arms around me and begun to feel lightheaded.

"She's having a panic attack." Ian said, rushing past Carl. Ian led me to the bed so I sat down.

"Alright, take deep breaths ok? Breath with me. In." Ian said, taking a deep breath in. So I did too. "Out." He said, breathing out.

It took a couple minutes to get me to completely calm down and I literally had no idea what just happened.

I looked over to see Carl sitting next to me, Ian was crouched down in front of me and Mickey was standing with his arms crossed next to Ian.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Carl said.

"No, I'm still going after him. What's his name?" Mickey asked.

"No, you can't." I begged.

"Sucks to suck, I'm doing it anyway. Carl, what's the name?"

Carl looked at me and I just looked away. "Elijah Brooks." Carl answered.

"Fucking dammit." Mickey said angrily and slammed his hand on the dresser.

"What?" Ian asked.

"I've had a run in with him before." Mickey stated.

"And you lost?" Carl asked.

"Ha your funny. Fuck no I didn't lose. But he fights dirty."

"Yeah, I know." I muttered under my breath and look away.

"You'll be good. Promise you, c'mon Ian." Mickey said and left the room with Ian behind him.

"You'll be okay." Carl said quietly to me.

"I dunno.." I muttered and looked at him.

Carl put his hand on my thigh and said, "Mickey is very efficient with.. guys like him. You only gotta go a week longer and I'll walk you to you classes, I'll pick you up from classes,  I'll- walk you on the bus. Whatever."

"I don't want you to get hurt."

He laughed lightly and moved his arm to around my shoulders, rubbing my shoulder gently with his thumb. "Do you know I just got out of juvie?" He asked.

I nodded and hugged myself.

"Well I learned a lot in juvie. And he may pull a knife on me but I haven't not had a knife on me since I got out. We'll both be fine." He then pulled me closer and put his other arm around the front of me, kissing the top of my head.