Chapter Eight

I was sitting on my bed as Carl practically destroyed my closet, looking for an outfit.

"Hurry up." I whined.

"All your clothes are too goodie two shoes." He responded. "Ooo.. damn baby." He said and held up a white crop top with a bunny symbol in the middle but the crop top that barely covered anything.

"See? Your gonna make me look like a hooker."

"Wait. I seen a skirt, in your dresser. The plaid one? Grab me that."

I rolled my eyes and stood up to grab it.

"Where did you get this?"

I looked back to see him holding a leather jacket.

(Minus the glasses)

(Minus the glasses)

"Perfect. Pick you up at seven." He smiled.

"Wait so your leaving?" I asked.

"Uh yeah. I gotta get ready too."

"But it's like... only one."

"Yeah I'm kinda.. getting my cornrows taken out." He laughed, messing with his hair.

"Wait so. Your hair will be fluffy?" I smiled, excitedly.

"Pretty much. Well it'll be longer." I set the skirt down on my bed and walked over to him, taking his face in my hands. He held my wrists gently and looked down at me, caressing my skin with his thumb.

"You'll look so cute." I smiled.

"I can tell you've grown out of your shell." He chuckled.

"Too much?" I asked, pulling my hands away.

"No, babe. That's not what I meant." He said and moved my hands back to his cheek.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me so our noses touched. He put his hands on my waist and kissed the tip of my nose.

"Your so gorgeous." He whispered.

"Then why am I playing dress up for a party." I laughed lightly.

"Because guys would eat you alive if the seen you at a party in a bubble gum pink sweatshirt and blue jeans or a yellow skirt that reaches your knees. They'd take advantage of you." He whispered. "I can pick something else if it makes you uncomfortable."

I shook my head, brushing my nose against his. "It's fine. Will you stay by me?"

"The whole entire night, baby girl."

I smiled and pressed my lips to his for the first time. Usually he kisses me, but I think I'm getting more comfortable with him.

He smirked into the kiss as he kissed back. I pulled away and smiled, resting my head in the crook of his neck. "I can't wait to see your hair." I mumbled and played with the ends of his braids.