Chapter One

I was in the corner balling my eyes out as he landed the last few punches on me.

No it's not my dad. I live with with my grandparents, my parents left when I was very little. One of the school bully's.

"Now give me your fucking money. Crybaby."

"I told you I don't have any." I cried out.

"Liar!" He shouted and went to hit me again.

"What's going on here?" Someone asked from behind him. He turned around to see: white boy carl. (Or at least that's what everyone calls him). Just got out of juvie too.

"Ay Carl. What's going on?" The bully smiled and turned around. I went to crawl away but Carl pointed at me, making me stop. "You stay. I'm not done with you."

I gulped and sat back down against the wall.

Carl now stood chest to chest with the other boy. "Didn't your mommy ever teach you not to hit woman?" Carl asked with a straight face.

The boy just started laughing in which Carl laughed with him then immediately went to a straight face. "I don't find it funny. She's a lady."

"You sell guns out of the school bathroom but stop to defend some chick?"

Carl smirked and out of no where, the boy hit the floor.

Carl now stood in front of me then slowly kneeled down, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Your not hurt too bad are you?"

I shook my head.

"Good. Are you new here?"

I shook my head. "I've been here my whole life."

"O-oh.. sorry, I don't pay attention very well." He chuckled and stood up, helping me to my feet.

"That's ok. You paid attention enough and that's what matters." I muttered. "Thank you, by the way. I really appreciate it." I went to leave when Carl grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Hey wait. Just incase Mr what's-his-face tries to bother you again." He said, pulling out a pen and writing on my arm. "You have my number."

"T-thanks.. but I probably won't be needing it."

"Take it, just in case. A pretty girl like you shouldn't have to fear for her life." He smirked.

The funny thing is... me and Carl have ridden the bus together since elementary. But he doesn't remember.

"Alright." I nodded and turned away, heading back to class.

~at lunch~

I had just gotten my tray from lunch as I was walking to the tables I tripped over something, smacking my face against the floor.

Ow ow ow... my nose is definitely bleeding.

The whole lunch room erupted into laughter and I thought about Carls number. Nah, I shouldn't.

I slowly stood up, ignoring the names they were calling me and walked out of the lunch room, abandoning my tray on the floor.

As soon as I made it to the bathroom, Carl walked out of the bathroom as well.

I quickly covered my nose with my shirt and tried to walk in but Carl grabbed my arm.

"What happened?" He asked, moving my hand away from my face.

"Nothing, I'm fine okay? Just please stop." I said as I started to cry. No no no.

He sighed and wiped a little of the blood from my nose off. "Can I walk you home after school?"