Epilogue--This Is The Greatest Show!

Like most of the young Barnums ideas, the circus tent idea she had thought of was a brilliant one indeed. In fact, in the next six months, the circus was up and running again. By that time, they had earned enough money to continue the show, and Phillip was fully healed. Phlis was even starting to realize the relationship between Carlyle and Anne become cuter every time she saw them.

The circus counted down the days until the revival until it was finally time. Fixing her now restored leotard her mother had knitted, she ran beside her father through the smoke effect they had just created.

"Woah," the circus vocalized as Phineas ran through spinning his daughter sweetly.

"Collonsal we come these relegated wings," he sang as she ran to a tightrope for her act.

"Woah!"

"Where the lost gets found in the crown of a circus king!" he performed as everyone went around him at the other side of the rink.

"Don't fight it, it's coming for ya running at ya. It's only this moment, don't care what comes after. It's blinding outside anything that you know. Just surrender 'cause it's calling and you wanna go," the circus sang as Phylis twirled around on the tightrope for a second before continuing to walk.

"Where it's covered in all the colorful lights, where the runaways are running the night. Impossible comes true," the group performed each having a blast.

"Intoxicating you," Phineas sang while getting a brief glance at his daughter walk the tightrope gracefully.

"Oh, this is the greatest show," everyone sang. "We light it up, we won't come down and the sun can't stop us now. Watching it come true, taking it over you. Oh, this is the greatest show."

Phineas looked over at his partner smiling at the end of the stage. Phylis noticed it herself being close to him and the elephants. She knew exactly what was about to go down. Her Dad had discussed it with her as long as she promised not to say anything to Phillip.

"It's everything you ever want. It's everything you ever need and it's here right in front of you, this is where you wanna be," the circus sang as Anne threw the hat down to her. She handed it to the Irish giant who continued the line. "It's everything you ever want. It's everything you'll ever need and it's here right in front of you. This is where you wanna be."

"This is where you wanna be," Lettie belted once the hat had gotten around the circle again. Phineas thanked her and handed her his cane motioning Phylis to come with him. She jumped off as the two ran towards Phillip hand in hand.

"This is for you," Phineas announced handing the hat over to Phylis who handed it to him.

"What about you and Phylis?" he asked confused.

"Phylis and I are starting part-time at the circus. As of now, my only job is to watch my girls grow up," he admitted.

"The show must go on, Mr. Carlyle," Phylis joked. He chuckled hugging her quickly before running to have the time of his life.

"This is the greatest show!" he belted getting down on his knees before standing back up.

"When it's colored in colorful lights. Where the runaways are running the night," the circus sang before staying quiet all except for Anne and Phillip.

"Impossible comes true. It's taking over you," they sang to each other. One second later, Anne was on the floor next to him.

"We light it up, we won't come down and the walls can't stop us now." Phineas stared at his pocket watch picture. "Watching it come true. It's taking over you. Oh, this is the greatest show."

"Cause everything you ever want is right in front of you. You see the impossible coming true and the walls can't stop us now," Anne and Phillip performed together side by side. Phylis smiled at them giving Anne the thumbs-up sign. That's when she saw an elephant and remembered how the girls were obsessed with them.

"Do we have any elephants we're not using for the shows?" she asked. Her father nodded not understanding until she whispered 'For the girls.' He smiled finding one backstage not being used.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" he asked as she hung onto him and he steered it outside, everyone else singing in the background. She didn't pay attention to that though. She just nodded as they started off, her arms on her father's back until they reached the ballet school where the girls were waiting with Charity.

"Mommy! Look! Daddy and Phylis are riding an elephant!" Helon shouted. Caroline watched noticing. The girls squealed and waved, their mother going along with it. Once Phineas had the elephant stable, he helped his daughter off and ran up the steps with them to meet with the girls at the top hugging them.

"Woah. Woah. Ohhh. Woah. Woah. Ohhh, this is the greatest show! Ohhh, ohhh. Ohhh, ohhh. Ohhhh, ohhh. Woah. Woah. Hey! Woah! This is the greatest show! Ohhh, this is the greatest show! Ohhh. This is the greatest show! Yeah! This is the greatest show! (This is the greatest) This is the greatest show! Ohhh! This is the greatest show!" All of a sudden, Phillip and Anne stood in front of everyone hand in hand.

"This is the greatest," Anne belted as they moved out of the way.

"This is the greatest show!" everyone finished. In the end, it turned out Phillip and Anne were crowd favorites when they kissed on stage. They just wished Phylis was there to see them.

Phineas sat in the middle of his oldest daughter and wife, each head on his lap as he watched Caroline's ballet class dance to his song. He thought it was some sort of dream. Phylis chuckled pointing at Helon disguised as a tree in the background. She watched as her Father mouthed the words to his song to himself. One thing was for sure, even if it meant that their father-daughter circus wasn't part of their ending dream, at least they lived for the experience.