| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 |

♡︎𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐋𝐘𝐍𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐘♡︎

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐈,𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧,𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧,𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬"

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 was heard causing most of the people on the bus to stand up and flood out the bus.

Sarah blaine stepped off the stairs from the best and stood on the sidewalk and fixed her tote bag that sat comfortably on her shoulder. She began to walk the rest of the way to her new school.

As she approached the school, she was instantly met with her friend linda who wrapped her arms around her giving her a hug but soon pulled away.

"hey."Sarah smiled at her as they began walking. "why's everyone going to the auditorium?"

"I heard something about a new hockey team."Linda spoke and Sarah groaned.

"seriously? the one we have is annoying as it is."Sarah complained and linda laughed as they made their way to the auditorium.

They walked in and were immediately met with a large sea of people. "Theres two seats right there."Linda said and dragged Sarah with her.

"great, front row and center."Sarah said with a sarcastically happy voice making Linda laugh.

"would you rather sit next to the hockey players?"Linda asked her and immediately Sarah shook her head as everyone began to grow quiet for the dean.

"Welcome. Since it's inception in 1903, Eden Hall academy has taken great pride in its illustrations tradition of excellence. Yet... as we approach the coming millennium,we dare not shrink from the specter of inevitable change."The dean spoke while Sarah made fake snoring sounds and pretend to fall asleep on linda's shoulder making her best friend laugh quietly and push her head up.

Most of the assembly was a blur for Sarah. She mainly sat there zoned out and thought about better things she could be doing. The sound of a crash and the big red curtain ripping down snapped her out of her trance and saw a group of six boys and one girl staring at the audience as some people laughed while linda and Sarah shared a look trying to hold in their laughter.

"hi."A boy in a green ducks jersey spoke. "we're the ducks." He said causing the audience to laugh more.

"um go ahead and return to your classes."Dean excused as everyone stood up and exited the auditorium.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"It's been said...that the present is to the past...like a dwarf on the shoulders of a giant."The history teacher started holding a stuffed plushy of a dwarf. "if the dwarf holds his seat,he can indeed, see further than the giant."

As the teacher continued, Sarah sighed boardly and her attention averted to the boy in front of her who she recognized from the assembly that morning who rolled his eyes in annoyance causing her to stifle a quiet laugh.

he took notice of her and gave her a smile which she returned.

"but beware if the dwarf should grow careless... and forget his place."the teacher said as he stood in front of a boys desk and slammed his book on the dwarf startling everyone. "history...is a giant. get ready to ride."

Soon after, the bell rang and students flooded out the classroom and straight to their lockers.

"this school is weird."Sarah said as she made her way to her locker that was coincidentally next to Linda's. "we should have just went to a normal high school."

"tell me about it."Linda laughed as she opened her locker. "will you help me get people to sign our petition, please?"Linda said and Sarah laughed.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Linda and Sarah both stood in front of a table with three other students who ran the table while linda and Sarah both had people sign.

"hi."Sarah said walking up to a boy not even bothering to look at them. "uh will you sign a petition?"

"uh..."The boy stood quiet for a moment looking at Sarah causing her to laugh awkwardly. "uh yeah sure. What's it for?"

" honestly i'm not even sure."Sarah spoke as they both let out a laugh. "ummm right, says here we're demanding the board change the demeaning Warrior game."

"Well, the Warriors isn't so bad is it?"He asked and Sarah gave him a look. "i mean, you got the Indians, the braves, the redskins, the Blackhawks."

"you're a jock aren't you?"Sarah asked him and he nodded his head happily.

"Yeah, i play hockey. In fact...i'm the captain of the new J.V team."He said trying to impress the girl that stood in front of him.

"mhm intriguing."She said sarcastically making him laugh. "so...sign the petition?"

"right."He said and grabbed the pen that was clipped on the clipboard and signed. Sarah took the clipboard back and looked in the small box at the name. Charlie Conway

"thanks for your signature Charlie."She said and gave him a wink before joining Linda who was helping three people.

♡︎♡︎♡︎