✵Chapter 3: It's Going To Be Okay✵

Jre'saya's hut flap was suddenly pushed open and in walked Neteyam with cuts and bruises all along his body.

"What happened?" Aya asked as she quickly got up from where she was and walking to Neteyam. "Got in a fight" He muttered. Aya sighed as she looked at his cuts.

"Come" She took his hand and sat him down on her bed, turning around and walking to her herbs. "It was Ao'nung wasn't it?" She asked, not looking away from what she was doing.

"Yea.." He said quietly as if he thought she would be mad. "I'm not mad" She spoke, turning around and walking over to him with the right herbs. She kneeled down in front of him.

She put some paste on her fingers before going for the cuts on his knuckles. "This might sting a little" She spoke quietly before applying it. He let out a soft grunt from the stinging pain.

She softly chuckled. "Told you" He sighed but smiled. After a bit, all of his cuts and bruises were delt with except for his busted lip which Aya was dreading because of how awkward it was going to be.

She gently took some paste and looked up to his face, placing a hand under his chin to steady his face as she applied little healing paste to his cut lip.

Neteyam could only look at her, how determined she looked at helping him, he couldn't stop the small smile which obviously stopped Aya from helping with his lip, she brought her head back slightly to look at him.

"Really?" She chuckled softly. "Sorry" He smiled before going all serious again. She smiled back at him before going back to helping.

Right as she finished with his lip and stepped back to out her herbs away, Ao'nung walked in after being told this is where Neteyam would be.

"I need to talk to you" Ao'nung said to Neteyam as he looked to him with confusion. Aya looked to both of them, shrugging her shoulders because she was just as confused.

They both walked outside her tent, And not long after she heard some angry, soft voices before she heard them both walk off. She got up and walked to the entrance to her hut, seeing them walk away, Neteyam's hand gripping Ao'nung's braid.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

Aya heard people gathered around and some yelling Lo'ak's name. She jogged out of her hut to the crowd, seeing a warrior bring Lo'ak up to the village. She walked up until she stood beside Neteyam.

She stayed confused, looking up to Neteyam. "What happened?" "Your brother and his buddies took him out beyond the reef and left him there" He spoke without looking away from Lo'ak and his father.

She only managed to hear the aftermath of what happened between the adults. "My son knows better than to take him outside the reef" Tonowari spoke after Ney'tiri got mad at Lo'ak.

Tonowari Makes Ao'nung kneel beside him in shame. "The blame is his" He finished, looking to Jake. "Okay, let's go" Jake spoke after a breath of silence. "No-" Lo'ak spoke up. "-This is not Ao'nung's fault, this was my idea. Ao'nung tried to talk me out of it. Really"

Jake sighed to his son before hopping up onto the walkway, bringing Lo'ak with him. Neteyam looked to Aya, giving her a small forced smile before walking off with his family. Aya looked at his retreating figure for a small while before facing her parents and brother.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

The next day Aya, her Siblings, and Rotxo were sitting in a circle on some rocks talking about Lo'ak's adventure in finding and befriending a Tulkun.