✵Chapter 5: What Did I Do To Deserve This?✵

Aya, Neteyam, Tsireya, Rotxo, And Ao'nung had secretly followed Lo'ak through the ocean until they noticed he had been calling for Payakan. And as Payakan came into view, Aya and her group slowly got off their Ilu's and hide in the seaweed.

And that's when Payakan opened his mouth wide open. Lo'ak hesitated before slowly swimming in, And soon, Payakan closed his mouth. Neteyam tried to get to his brother but Aya gripped his arm, telling him to wait with her other hand.

He looked to her, into her eyes and trusted her. He backed up back behind the seaweed again as they all waited for what was happening to end.

For a good bit, there was nothing going on as Aya and the others looked on, hoping Lo'ak would come out of there alive.

But as if Eywa was listening to their minds, Payakan's mouth had opened back up and out came Lo'ak unharmed.

Aya and the others could only look on as they rose to the surface.

But as Aya and the others made it back home, their were some unpleasant faces waiting for them. And all Aya could do was look down in shame as she followed her father into their hut.

Aya had stopped and stood to the left of Tsireya. Their mother walked up, looking in her daughters direction. "You allowed this!" She walked to face the front of them all but kept her attention to Aya and Tsireya.

"You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" Ronal's main focus being on Aya after she found out Aya kept Neteyam back from interfering earlier.

Aya could only step back slightly and look away from her mother. As Ronal pointed to Lo'ak when bringing up the bonding. Ronal stepped away as Tonowari Stepped towards them. Aya slowly looked up to her father, along with Tsireya.

"Tsireya, Jre'saya" He spoke abruptly as Aya and Tsireya inhaled, both of their eyes watering with incoming tears. "You disappoint me daughters" He said with authority.

Tsireya sighed, trying to hold in the tears while Aya simply inhaled in a breath again, looking down to the ground in shame from his words. Neteyam could only helplessly look at her, wishing he could help in anyway.

Tonowari turned to Lo'ak. "And you, Son of a great warrior, Who has been taught better" Ney'tiri And Jake soon joining the conversation from behind as they heard about what was happening and what had happened.

"Payakan saved my life sir, You don't know him" Lo'ak spoke up. "No Lo'ak.." Tsireya spoke softly, Not wanting Lo'ak to get into anymore trouble than he already was.

Tonowari pointed to Lo'ak. "Sit" Lo'ak continued to stand causing Tonowari to say it again until he finally did, but the others hadn't. "Sit down!" Tonowari yelled after kneeling with Lo'ak when the others didn't listen.

Aya jumped before quickly following orders and sitting in a crouch. Tonowari blew into his hands with frustration before looking to Lo'ak.

"Hear my words boy. In the days of the First Song, Tulkun fought amongst themselves, For territory, And for revenge. But they came to believe that killing, No matter how justified, Only brings more killing." Tonowari fixed his posture. "So all killing was forbidden. This is the Tulkun Way. Payakan, Is a killer, So, He is outcast" He finished, But Lo'ak was quick to respond.

"I'm sorry sir, But your wrong" "Lo'ak!" His mother sneered slightly behind him. Lo'ak looking back to his mother. "You speak to Olo'eyktan" She said with authority. "I know what I-" He was instantly cut off by his Father.

"That's enough!" Jake yelled, his hands on his knees, and his head facing the floor. Tsireya slowly shook her head to Lo'ak, silently begging him to stop but he didn't listen.