What is this thing? (Red Son)

"WHAT?!" The red head fumed as I sat comfortably on the hip of the celestial maiden.

"She'll only be here for a few days, Red Son. Honestly, it's the least we can do. Nezha is too busy to watch her and his brother doesn't trust anyone else right now." She explained patiently while I sucked on my thumb. She pulled my thumb out though, not letting me suck on it.

"But why do I have to watch her?" He glared at me before Lady Iron fan held me out to him.

"Because Mommy and Daddy are going out tonight. Just put her to bed and you won't have to bother with her the rest of the evening. I trust you can do that."

The fire head grabbed me, but held me at arms length with a grimace.

"Yes. Mother." He grumbled as she turned away.

"That's a good boy. Now, (Y/n) has already been fed, just read her a story or play some games or something and she should fall right to sleep." She instructed as I made a face at the red head. He made a face back at me before tucking me under his arm, walking off with me like a football.

I giggled and wiggled before tipping forward, and he barely caught me before I bumped my head on the ground.

"Listen here...child. I have things to do other than babysit you. If I read you a story, will you go to sleep?" He asked, and I nodded, sticking my thumb in my mouth. He noticed and pulled my hand away from my mouth, making me giggle.

After bringing me to a nice room, and plopping me down in bed. He tucked some blankets around me and selected a book from a bookshelf that was set against the wall.

"Once Upon a time.."

I didn't really remember what he said after that. I was out like a light.

The clap of thunder suddenly woke me from sleep. The dream still clinging to me like wet paper. I looked around the dark room. Shaking and whining, I crawled out of bed. The blanket dragged behind me as I clutched clumps of it in my little fists.

The halls were also dark, and the floor was cold on my tiny feet.

Suddenly, I heard a buzzing sound. I followed the sound around corners and down some stairs before spotting a light in another room. The buzzing noise was coming from there.

Inside was a spacious room, with shelves of metal and piles of organized objects I didn't understand. A large truck stood in the center, with a pair of legs sticking out from under it. The buzzing sound was connected to a flashing light that sparkled from under the truck. But as I padded over, the legs moved, scooting Red Son out from under the large vehicle.

He sat up, wiping something black off his face before jumping at the sight of me.

"What the-? WhatareyoudoinginHere?!" He exclaimed, immediately scooping me up. "You're not even wearing shoes! You can't just wander into a workshop, especially not in the middle of the night!" He scolded me, carrying me out of the room. I sniffled with a trembling lip, making him pause.

He took a moment to study me now. Taking notice of the blanket I'd been dragging with me, along with the shake in my small form. Letting out a sigh, he held me a bit closer, patting my head.

"Let me guess, a nightmare?"

I nodded silently as he turned around, taking me over to a desk on the other side of his workshop.

"Alright, I'll fix it. But don't go wandering off." He set me down in a chair before wiping his hands with a towel. "Now, let's see..ah."

I gathered the blanket around me lightly as he got to work at his desk. It was actually quite warm in here.

Watching him grab some bits of metal and wire, I tilted my head, sticking my thumb in my mouth as he began putting them together.

My eyes were wide with curiosity as he screwed and twisted things together, before covering it with four little walls, making a small metal box.

Closing one eye, he pressed his finger onto the top of the box, drawing a symbol with what I could only assume was magic. Then he blew on it softly before checking the box over once more.

"Alright, that should do it. Come on, child." He said, picking me up again. I clung to his shoulder as he carried me and the box back to my room.

"Now, this charm will keep the nightmares at bay. At least for the rest of tonight. You'll have no trouble sleeping." He assured me, tucking the blankets around me again. I rubbed my eyes with my fists as he set the box on a table next to the bed. He then tipped the top part up, and a melody began to play. It was soft, and enchanting. I immediately felt comforted and safe as my mind emptied of thoughts from my bad dream.

Yawning softly, I leaned over and nuzzled the red head. He tensed before relaxing as I smiled sleepily up at him.

"Tank u uncle redson." I murmured, drifting off to a peaceful sleep.

"...you're welcome."

Link to the Song:
https://youtu.be/U_095IAvXCs