Birthday

Hyunsuk made the most out of the time that he received to chat with his parents. They also brought him some homemade kimchi which moved him to tears. Perhaps he was quite sensitive after all that crap Jihoon had said to him. Though he lied to his mother when she asked if he was treating him right. He wasn't scared of the consequences of snitching on Jihoon but more like he felt that the latter had realised his mistake already.

The farewell was painful but at least he did not cry this time. After his parents' departure he had to hurry to be at the classes arranged by the Queen where starting today he'd have to learn about royal customs.

Meanwhile Jihoon was listening to some songs on his earphones when Yoshi showed up in his room out of the blue.

"What's up man?"

Wouldn't be wrong to say Jihoon was annoyed for no reason. He had been harboring some weird feelings everytime he saw Yoshi interact with Hyunsuk, hence this awkwardness.

"Nothing much, I should ask you how it's like to be around my wife."

Jihoon didn't realise what he was asserting by calling Hyunsuk his 'wife' before Yoshi. And what irritated him more was how the latter chuckled slightly before responding.

"Amazing actually. He's cute, clumsy and funny, really in contrast to you. Had I been his husband I would've personally sent him some chocolates right now."

That confused Jihoon because where did it even come from.

"What do you mean?"

"I saw him struggling with the court ladies at his studying session, he looked tired and almost on the verge of tears. Must have been tough on him. I heard that omegas like chocolates when they are stressed."

He took a pause and continued,
"I was supposed to be his husband, wasn't I?"

That grabbed all of Jihoon's attention as he stared at the expression on Yoshi's face, which looked like a mix of sadness and frustration.

Because Yoshi in fact would have married Hyunsuk if his title of Prince hadn't been snatched upon his father's death. Nonetheless, it brought an unease to Jihoon's mind.

"It was not my fault, you know it Yoshi."

"Of course it wasn't, but it should be me at your place."

And that's how Yoshi took off from there, creating a tension that Jihoon sure wasn't looking forward to.

. . .

Jihoon would have perhaps lost his mind because why else would he go to the study room with a bag of chocolates when he had no intentions of doing anything remotely good for Hyunsuk.

Hyunsuk was whining before the court ladies as they scolded him for not concentrating enough. Just then, Jihoon's entry in the room caused them to turn silent while they stood up and bowed. He asked them to leave.

"Why are you here?" Hyunsuk was grumpy from having an unbearable lesson on the palace traditions for the past one hour.

Jihoon was awkward, so he scratched the back of his head while extending the bag towards Hyunsuk.
The latter ever so confused, asked him what was inside.

"Um...there's chocolates, just have them if you want."

Yoshi must have been right about omegas craving for chocolates when they're tired because the happiness on Hyunsuk's face was unmatched. He immediately started munching on one,

"By the way when did you start caring for me?" The way he asked that was probably as a banter but Jihoon coughed upon hearing that out of embarrassment.