Asakusa

constantly

"I will also need to study the blood of the demon that resides inside of Alluka."

Tanjirou glanced at Alluka. She was staring in shock.

-There a demon inside of Alluka?-

He turned back to Tamayo. "What do you mean? There's a demon inside of Alluka?"

Alluka's eyes widened in realization.

"Oh! Do you mean Nanika?"

Yushiro raised his eyebrows in interest.
"Nanika?"

Alluka nodded before frowning.
"But Nanika isn't a demon. She's been with me since I can remember."

"Can she talk or come out?" Tamayo said.

"I can ask her."

Tanjirou stiffened when Alluka closed her eyes, a not so demon like aura coated her body, blackness surrounding her.

-Nanika, my friends want to meet you. Will you come out?-

-Ai-

When she opened her eyes, they were black. Her mouth was also black.

Alluka was no longer here. They were now met with Nanika.

"Hello." Nanika smiled.

"This is... unusual." Tamayo said.

"Unusual how?" Tanjirou asked, not being able to place what was different from Nanika to a demon.

"She's not a demon, but she's not a human. Not only that, but she shares a body with a human." Tamayo answered.
"Have you eaten or killed anybody?"

Nanika frowned.
"It was accident." She spoke sadly.

"Do not worry, I am not mad at you." She said, trying to reassure Nanika.

Nanika smiled sadly.
"Thank you."

"I'd like to know, how did you kill them?"

"Alluka asked for four requests, but they declined all. The consequence of rejecting all is your death and the death of a loved one."

Tamayo nodded. Tanjirou blinked.

"What are the requests like?" Tanjirou asked.

"They're usually very small. Like hold Alluka's hand or pat her head."

Tanjirou blinked in confusion. If the requests are that easy, then why even decline them?

"Usually?" Yushiro asked.

"Sometimes, Alluka asks for a liver, or a spine."

-Oh.- Tanjirou thought blankly.

"What happens if you fulfill all the requests?" Yushiro asked.

"You get a wish."

Just then, the wall crashed.

~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~

-I've got to get out of here.- Killua thought desperately.

-How? He's got you wrapped around his finger.- The voice teased at him.

-I know!-

-So are you going to do what you've always done? Run away?-

-Shut up.-

-You've ran away from your real family, and then you ran from your next family with those worthless friends of yours.-

"I said shut up!" Killua yelled at no one. He was alone right now.

Tears threatened to spill, but he would not let them.

He wouldn't dare.

Mother gets punished for crying. Apparently she's the youngest of all of us, she's just a child in an older body. Why punish her?

Killua hated seeing Mother hurt.

Killua hates Rui.

He hates Father.

He hates Brother.

Killua sighed. Successfully repressing his tears. He doesn't want to get hurt like Mother does, so he follows orders as much as possible.

He would kill everyone, except for Mother, and he would succeed... two thirds of the time.

Rui's a Lowermoon. There's no way he could kill him.

Sure he's never tried, but Lowermoons are strong, he's obviously at a disadvantage so he won't try until he becomes a Lowermoon.

Which is very unlikely.

He could run away. But then Rui would find him again.

He needs a distraction. A lot of people and demons alike go missing here.

Maybe they'll send a Hashira to kill us.

Killua jumped in a tree.

-I'm hungry, I need to hunt for a demon.-

He paused. Hunt reminded him of something. A card... a license. A hunter's license? Maybe. But he didn't know for sure.

Killua spread out his fingers. Becoming a spider demon felt wrong. But what choice did he have?

When he turned into a spider demon, he acquired spider like traits.

Like his spider family, he can create cobwebs and such. Unlike his family, anyone who touches it gets electrocuted.

Excluding him.

He created a spider web connecting a small area of trees, creating an electric cobweb that only he can touch.

His foot touches the web. It hurts, but it felt so familiar, so... friendly, that he doesn't mind.

Pain doesn't affect him. The only time it does is if it's internal. Like his blood cells or something  are getting attacked physically.

Which is why he felt pain when Master gave him his blood when he was human, and when Rui gave him his blood.

But other than that, pain doesn't bother him.

He laid down on the web, looking up at the dark purplish sky littered with bright stars.

He likes to watch the stars until the sun comes up. He likes to bring a candle with him to feel a little bit warmer.

He does this because it reminds him of something.

The only thing he's missing, is a friend's comfort.