Asakusa III

REMEMBER!! THE EVENTS WILL BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT!!

Also, sorry I was gone so long. My old friend, motivation, was giving me the cold shoulder.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the story :D
~•~•~•~•~•~•~

for

Everything was a blur to Alluka. When Nanika is in control, Alluka feels like she's floating.

She's sleeping peacefully, dreaming about something she can't quite explain nor will remember.

She hums subconsciously, enjoying the silence of the mind she shares with Nanika.

The softness of the dark becoming nothing but a liquid.

But something feels wrong, because why else would Nanika be here inside with her?

Nanika is silent, unmoving. Which is unusual.

She feels different, not her usual floating above the clouds.

No, instead Alluka feels like she's floating above water. Like she's about to drown in the thickness of the ocean of her mind.

Except it's not water. Nothing could smell like this.

It's unmistakable, and Alluka could recognize it anywhere.

It's on her family, in her house, on Gon and Killua, in those animals she watched Milluki kill before she was locked up.

It was always pooling around the dead, twisted and knotted up bodies of those who denied her.

After all, blood can never be mistaken has something else.

Alluka gasps awake a minute after Nanika is knocked unconscious by a temari ball, blood seeping out of her mouth.

She blinks repeatedly, barely noticing the pool of blood gushing out of her right leg like a waterfall.

That is, until she had to dodge another temari ball.

Alluka attempted to get up, a sharp pain burning through her whole leg, resulting in her fall which did help dodge the ball.

She scraped the palms of her hand, her leg twisting in an ugly position.

For a few seconds, Alluka didn't register the pain.

She turned her head slowly to her leg, staring at the dislocated knee.

Alluka couldn't help but stare, the pain not registering yet, the realization of her knee dislocated, broken, and twisted only beginning.

She screamed in shock, finally realizing what was happening, followed unwelcomely by the agony associated with everything else.

How did Brother ever cope with this? Being tormented day after day, possible much worse than this and in so many ways.

What if Nanika never existed? Would Alluka's family still treat her the same? Or would they "train" her just like Brother and Kalluto?

But even with all these thoughts of what ifs and maybes, her mind never went past the pain searing through and all up her leg, to her hips.

Even if she did, there was still the guilt that clawed at the back of her head, reminding her that Brother had gone through worse.

And if he could endure it, then she could at least try not to pass out and wait for help. Who knows, maybe she can heal overnight just like Brother.

But inevitably, Alluka was not her brother. She couldn't fight a chimera ant for her life. She wasn't as strong as him or Gon.