Asakusa IV - Yume

it

She was floating again. The warmth of the bed hugging her, she could hear a soft, lulling hum.

Her hand twitched, and she squeezed her eyes. The humming stopped.

Mourning at the loss, her eyes slowly drifted open. When she could finally see clearly, Alluka stared right at Nanika.

"Huh? Nanika? What are you doing here?" She asked, putting a hand to her head.

Nanika didn't answer. Instead, all she did was stare. She didn't smile or talk or even blink. To say it was unnerving was a bit of an understatement.

"Nanika?" Alluka's voice was but a whisper by now. Confusion and a hint of fear leaked in her voice.

Nanika didn't answer. She continued to stare.

Suddenly, an awfully painful throb pounded in her right temple, beating harder than her own heartbeat, which was thumping and thudding so loud she couldn't hear anything else.

She shut her eyes closed, still not understanding what was happening.

Then it stopped.

Alluka suddenly became aware of a sound, a singular noise that seemed to separate itself from all the other ones. She could hear voices. Alluka knew almost too well that they were coming from Tanjirou. Someone else, too, but that was unimportant.

What was important, was that voice she recognized. The one she yearned for. The one she was looking for.

For some odd reason, she could hear Killua's voice. His voice was like a broken melody. As happy as she was to this sudden 'appearance', she felt something deeper.

He was saying something, she knew. But Alluka couldn't understand.

She heard a cry, then nothing. And nothing was worse than anything.

Suddenly blocked out from the sound from her brother, Alluka began crying in panic. The other irrelevant voices that she almost managed to muffle out were getting louder.

No! She screamed in the void of an empty landscape, her voice nothing but a cold shrill in the winds of ice and chains that her family had binded her in.

Give him back!! No matter how hard she cried, how loud she screamed, how much she willed her hope of hearing her brother, Alluka still could not summon him back.

It seems that she would never hear the soft words he whispered before she had fell into a deep coma, which oddly isn't a physical one. At that moment, she felt something weird in her chest, something, shocking.

Alluka's sudden gasp for air startled Tanjirou, not like he wasn't already scared enough when she started hyperventilating. Something was off. It didn't take a genius to figure that part out.

But that didn't stop Tanjirou from worrying what had happened.

"Are you okay??" He asked her, taking a hold of her shoulders as he tried to remain calm.

But she wasn't paying attention to him. She was staring straight at the spot she swore Nanika was sitting in, trying to process what Killua had said to her right before she woke up.

I love you