Tsuzumi Mansion II

Of

Alluka realized that she always travelled with boys.

There was Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, Tanjirou, and now Zenitsu.
Of course there were girls like Nezuko and Canary as well as Melody at some point, but there was always a boy even then.

Right now though it's Nezuko, but Zenitsu is not supposed to know that.

Well, maybe he already knew.

Alluka saw the way he'd glance warily and suspiciously at the big box on Tanjirou's back, like he knew what was in there but still unsure.

Honestly she wouldn't be surprised if Zenitsu started looking at her as if he knew Nanika was there with her.

Alluka tuned out of their conversation, content with just focusing on walking without tripping. Or worse, dislocate her leg.

And then once that happens then for sure she'll trip and break her leg.

And then she'll twist it a very wrong way.

And then blood will come out and Tanjirou and Zenitsu will look at her like some disgusting bug that she is.

Then Nezuko will never wanna come out of the box again and maybe never become human because she'll just die in the box.

And then Alluka will hopefully get a heart attack before a humiliation attack and drop dead never having to deal with the-

Ah, it seems that Killua's paranoia had rubbed off on her. It doesn't matter anyways, she's accept anything that came from Killua.

Hmm, we're here.

She looked up at the mansion. It was rusty, old, and abandoned and stunk of corpses and something else.

It smelled like blood. She may not have a good a sense of smell as Gon or Tanjirou, but when you grew up in the house of Zoldycks, even the taste of water tastes like blood.

There were children here though. A boy and a girl.

A brother and a sister.

Alluka remembered what Aunt Mito had said to her and Killua.

"Kids your age aren't supposed to know what porn is." She scolded Killua.

Alluka had no idea what she was talking about. Aunt Mito turned to her, a soft and sad painted on her face, the one she wore every time she saw Killua and Alluka.

Killua knew and has seen too much stuff and the same goes for Alluka. Aunt Mito knew this.

"Alluka, just know that you both belong here. No matter what you and Killua have done, I will always accept you."

Why is it that they saw the wrong things at the wrong time, but never the right things at the right time?

Alluka prayed to whatever god existed that these children could at least heal from the horrors they've witnessed.

Alluka prayed they didn't see anything at all.

Tanjirou tried to approach them, walking slowly to make him appear harmless. Even so, the children backed up in fear.

"Hmm." Tanjirou looked around for Zenitsu's little sparrow. The children seemed a bit calmer when he showed them the sparrow.

"Somebody kidnapped our brother while we were walking." The older brother finally spoke, sniffling and holding his little sister. "He went in there."

Alluka followed his finger pointing at the house.

"It's okay. You know you're very brave for following the monster." Tanjirou claimed, hoping to make them feel better.

Spoilers it didn't work.

The boy cries again. "We followed his blood trails." The girl cries as well. "He's hurt!"

"Shhhh." Alluka hugs them abruptly.

Alluka may not have Tanjirou's empathy, or Gon's kindness, or even Leorio's knowledge of the books 'how to calm a child 101 series' but damn her if she didn't try.

She's seen her brothers Killua and Kalluto cry from pain and neglect and just depression in general.

She knows how it feels to be hopeless and broken.

Maybe it was her calming voice, maybe it was her Nen, maybe it was even Nanika's doing, but the children hugged her back immediately.

"Don't worry. We'll save your brother and make sure your reunited again safely." She whispered lull-fully.

Maybe she'll never see Killua again, maybe she'll find him dead, maybe he won't be the same as before, or he'd just be alright.

But in this moment, what matters is making sure these children were with their older brother.

Right now. Focus on now.

She finally pulled away when Zenitsu spoke. "Do you guys hear that?" He asks, putting a hand on his ear.

"Huh? No, I can't hear anything." Tanjirou answers. Alluka shook her head no.

"What do you hear?" Tanjirou stood up. Zenitsu frowned. "Drums."

SPLAT!!!

Turning to the noise, Alluka immediately covered the children's eyes. Leaving the bloody man she just witnessed fly out the window to Tanjirou and Zenitsu.

"AAAAHHHHHHH."

Well, maybe not Zenitsu.

Alluka decides that she'll distract the curious children from the sight. "What's your guys' names?" She asked innocently.

"Shoichi."

"Teruko."

Alluka smiled sweetly. "I'm Alluka."

~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~|~•~

The spider demon blood art isn't his, but Rui's. Killua realized this a while ago, when he was watching the stars. He fell asleep.

He was warm. Not the burning sensation, but the one where everything else outside is cold, but he's sitting next to a hearth.

A fireplace.

He looks to the side and sees him. The spiky green haired boy. His best friend.

Gon Freecss.

He smiled and closed his eyes again. He lay there awhile in a comfortable silence.
The smell of fresh air and humidity, the only sound being their breathing and cackling of the fire.

When he opens his eyes again, he's somewhere else. He looks to his right. There she was. Sleeping on his arm.

He felt tears prick at the side of his eyes. He missed her so much. He frowned when he saw her crying.

She was having a nightmare.

He spoke softly.

"I love you."