Chapter Ten - My Love

Thain's POV

The huge hall is filled with people, some faces familiar others not. Everyone was standing by a table in there own little group having conversations while I eagerly stared at the stairs waiting.

This is indeed a business sort of thing but at the same time I was not in the mood. All my business partners and employees who are significant is here tonight but they know I won't be talking business with them. If you're wondering, what business partners and employees I'm referring to I'll just explain. I own a few different businesses around the world; hotels, casinos, restaurants even a law firm.

The truth is even though I give all to most of my time focusing on being the leader of the gang, I still wanted something outside of that and legal because I somehow don't think getting richer by the day is a crime. All jokes aside though I make a fortune just being a Mafia leader but I have to think about my future. I do want children some day and I would rather not have to force them to do this and neither do I want to have them live off me so therefore whenever they're of age they can take over all the businesses that doesn't involve killing anyone. Unless that's not what they want of course.

Cassius and Ray was doing most of the talking with anyone that came over to where we were standing because as much as I love a good business consultation I would rather do that else where far away from everybody's ears.

I once again checked my wrist watch impatiently wondering what was taking so long, I need her to be here sooner than later. It seems as though my thought didn't go unheard, the minute my hand snap back up to the stairs there she was. Gracefully walking down the stairs one hand looped through the doorman's arm and the other holding her dress so she wouldn't trip.

I shamelessly stare at her as she's the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on. The dress fits perfectly hugging her curves like a glove and that made me smirk knowing I made the right choice. Her hair was also done to perfection pulled up into what I'd call a bun which allowed her neck and shoulders to be completely visible to my eyes.

There was a tap on my shoulder bringing me back to reality from the trance this woman just put me in

There was a tap on my shoulder bringing me back to reality from the trance this woman just put me in. "Go get her man she looks lost" Cassius says close to my ear and I nod immediately walking around everyone that was gushing at her just the same way I was a minute ago.

She was busy looking around but once her eyes became four with mine a relief smile made it's way on to her face which almost reflected off me if not for me remembering where I was and who was around me.

I got to her giving her my hand and though I was trying so hard to keep up with my hard ass persona the bright ass expression on her face was doing away with me honestly. I stood inches away from her one hand grasp her own tiny one as my other hand moved up to her face. I subtly move a piece of her hair behind her ear while she stares up at me looking through her long lashes.

It was as if everything around us just stopped and disappeared leaving both of us to mask in each other. I know this was supposed to just be us putting on a show to get the word out about her but haven knows this wasn't a show for me at all. I liked that she was here just for me, that she was looking this ravishing and I was the one holding her. I was the one standing this close to her looking into her beautiful blue eyes as she looked at me with so much emotions in her eyes that I couldn't recognize.