Chapter 4

Luke ran up to me and Madelynn "Now's not the time for hugging you two! The Athenian Boar is attacking!" he said. He was in full battle armor. Horsehair plume helm, chestplate, armguards, shin guards, all made of aurum along with his purple praetor's cape. Madelynn, our friends and I ran to the armory and put on some armor similar to Luke's but made of argentum. As I was running out of the armory I noticed an argentum shield and spear. I grabbed both and ran out of the armory. Then I ran into the central courtyard. For some reason the courtyard was empty. The stars and moon were shining brightly in the night sky. Then I noticed the boar. It had dark fur and glowing silver eyes with slit pupils like a snake. It glared at me and squealed as it charged straight at me. I screamed bloody murder as I ran into the woods with the boar right behind me. The only reason I could miraculously outrun the boar was because I was full of adrenaline. Luke had told me what to do when the Athenian boar chased you, run as far away from the academy as possible and get back to school once you ditch the pig. At one point I had slipped in a patch of mud and my hand made a sickening crack! As I caught myself, I scrambled to my feet and I kept running. I noticed a cliff ahead that I sensed that dropped off to the sea. I knew I was as far away from the academy as possible so I leaped off the cliff, outstretched my hand and a funnel of water rose up gently and set me down into the water. The funnel fell and a whirl pool appeared at my feet and I rocketed across the water like a jet ski back to the academy. I used my power to surround myself in an orb of water which burst out of the water and I fell onto the courtyard, soaked in water. Everyone filed out of the main entrance in full armor and in standard formation. "You're a little late," I said. The boar charged out of the woods straight at me. I threw my shield at it Captain-America-style and it smacked the boar between the eyes. It squealed in pain and stumbled around. I took my chance and threw the spear straight down the boar's throat, it fell to the ground, somehow not completely dead. Everyone made a wide ring around me and the boar's body. I pulled the spear out of the boar's throat, then raised it above my head and impaled its heart. A gray barn owl landed in the nearest tree and stared at me. I sat down on the ground as Luke and Catherine ran forward along with some teachers and looked down at the boar's body which was dissolving into gold dust. "Everyone inside the school!" Luke yelled. "You ok James?" Catherine asked. I got up off the ground, walked two steps then promptly collapsed. "James!" Jackson yelled. He and my other friends ran forward. "Medics!" Luke called. The last thing I remember before blacking out was Luke, Catherine and my friends standing over me, trying to keep me awake.