Chapter 21

Since the school year so far was full of craziness I was glad that Luke, Kayla and I could just have a normal three weeks. I changed into the same jacket from yesterday over a new t-shirt and jeans. I haven't seen the girls since dinner yesterday and I really wanted to see Madely- I mean I wanted to see the girls before we left for two weeks. I grabbed my suitcase and walked out of my dorm and Hunter followed at my heels in puppy form. I stood in front of the girl's door and knocked. A few seconds later the door opened and Madelynn stood there in jeans and a t-shirt under the denim jacket I let her borrow. "Hey James," she said. "Hey, I just wanted to stop by and say bye before we leave for winter break." I said. Jackson stood in the hallway and I could've sworn I saw him toss a seed in our direction. "Well I'm glad you came by." she said before she walked forward and hugged me. As we pulled away and noticed something hanging in the door frame above us. "Seriously Jackson? Mistletoe?" I asked. He shrugged with a grin. "Well, rules are rules," Madelynn said. She gave me a quick peck and she pulled away, her cheeks redder than Jackson's flannel jacket. "Well I should probably get back to packing. See you later" she said, closing the door. David ran up to us with his suitcase. "Dang James, who knew you were such a ladies man?" he said with a smirk. "Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes and punching his arm playfully. Hunter barked at me, wagging his tail. "You're right, we should get going." I said. "See you guys later." I said to my friends before Hunter and I ran to Luke's dorm. Kayla and Luke were already there with their suitcases. "Ready?" Luke asked. "Yeah," I said. Luke placed one hand on my shoulder and I placed a hand on Kayla's shoulder. Then we disappeared as if our bodies were caving in on themselves and we reappeared in our house back in Clearwater village. So after feeling like I had been turned inside out then outside in, I ran to the bathroom and threw up.