Chapter 5

I had a really weird dream. As if I was looking at myself through a kaleidoscope. I was floating above my unconscious body. I saw myself lying in a hospital cot. Luke and Kayla were sitting in chairs on either side of me, fast asleep. "This is one strange dream." I said. "It isn't a dream." said a voice behind me. I whirled around and there was nothing there. "Hello? Who's there?" I said. Then a regal looking woman in a sleeveless ancient greek dress, a bronze breastplate, a helmet with a silver horse plume appeared in a flash of light. She had stormy gray eyes, long blonde hair, a spear in one hand, and in the other was a shield with a design like the face of a gorgon. The most frightening part about her? She looked almost exactly like my mom, except this lady wasn't smiling and she didn't have brown hair. "Your Athena, aren't you?" I asked. "Correct, young warrior. I'm proud of you. You were able to kill my creation, the Athenian boar. It was enchanted so it could only be slain by the best warrior of the generation. Congratulations." She said with a faint smile. "Thanks I guess. But I'm just a kid. I barely know how to control water, let alone know how to fight. Me killing that boar was just dumb luck. I- what are you doing?" I said. Athena was holding the owl in her hands and was muttering something with her eyes closed. The owl began to shrink and became a golden coin. She opened her eyes and placed the coin in my hand. "I will be able to guide you as you go along. I will speak in your mind to show you the best course of action. Keep good care of this coin." she said as she placed the coin in my hand. It was a golden ancient greek style coin with an owl design on one side, along with the owl there was an olive branch. On the other side was three greek letters, ΑΘΕ, alpha theta epsilon. "What is this? Where am I?" I asked. "You are in the in-between. That coin will allow me to speak to you. I wish I could answer your many questions, but I am out of time. I-" she started but then the world shattered, and I began falling while screaming in pure terror. I entered my body with a feeling like I just fell on hard concrete. I sat bolt upright with my face drenched in sweat.