Chapter 26

My friends and Anubis had decided to stay for the rest of winter break. Not much happened but we practically adopted Anubis into our friend group. We all decided we would portal ourselves to school and we didn't have to worry about packing because everything we need teleports into our dorms. So we just walked through the portal and into the school's entry hall. A group of girls waved at Jackson as they walked by and Trinity glared daggers at them. Apparently Anubis talked to the headmaster at some point and got himself transferred into David, Jackson and my dorm. I guess the headmaster was glad that Anubis had made some friends. As soon as the four of us walked into our dorm after parting ways with the girls I noticed that another canopy bed with black drapes had appeared along with another bathroom. After getting settled in, the announcements came on. "James Wilson, Madelynn Miller, Grace Adams, David Gonzalez, Trinity Kennel, and Jackson Underwood please come to my office immediately." The headmaster declared. "Big surprise, he didn't call for me. Have fun getting yelled at." Anubis said while reading a book with a black cover with a title in gold letters that read "Where does it end?". "C'mon, you're coming with us. Deal with it." I said as I dragged him out of the room as the four of us walked to the Headmaster's office. "Noooooo! I don't wanna!" Anubis said as I dragged him down the corridors. "Seriously? The tantrum card? Nice try but that doesn't work on us, deal with it" I said. Finally, we arrived at the headmasters office. The ornate wooden door swung open and the headmaster, who was dressed like a college professor in slacks and a tweed jacket, ushered us inside and sat us in front of his desk where the girls were waiting for us. "Took you long enough." Grace said, rolling her eyes. We sat down and the headmaster said "Anubis, what are you doing here? I don't recall calling for you." I placed my hand on Anubis' shoulder. "I believe he's the seventh member of the prophecy, so I insisted he come with us." I said. "He made me put down my book," Anubis muttered, hiding his face in his black hoodie. "Very well, now for the reason I asked you to come here. You Si- I mean seven, will be taking advanced classes so you can set sail on your quest in spring. Until you set sail, I expect the seven of you to study hard since you'll be the only seven in your advanced classes." The headmaster said. "You will ace these classes with me as your guide," Athena said in my mind, "I expect you not to fail me because the cost of doing so is grave." The seven of us left his office with our new class schedules and we headed to divination class.