11

Play the song when the * appears, enjoy!

I sat on the stool near the bar, my feet already aching from the heels. Tom stood next to me, his arm wrapped around my waist. The others were drinking while Bill spoke with someone on the phone.

I checked the time, it was 10:00. The singers would come out soon. Tom grabbed my hand, leading me out of the bar area. We walked till we reached a food bar. There was huge chocolate fountain with strawberries and a bunch of other foods to dip in it.

His eyes lit up as he saw it. He let go of me and walked to the fountain. He stuck his finger in the fountain, sticking it into his mouth after. He looked back at me and smiled brightly.

I grabbed a plate and bowl, handing it to him, "It's not formal to stick you're fingers into a chocolate fountain."

He rolled his eyes, using a spoon to scoop the chocolate into his bowl. I sat down on a nearby chair, pulling my phone out. I'd gotten 4 missed calls from Asher, I quickly called him back.

"Omg! What took you so long?" I could hear the stress in his voice.

"I'm busy right now, what happened?" Tom was grabbing some strawberries and grapes, still sticking his finger in the chocolate. I smiled at the sight.

"Lucifer is looking for you." My heart dropped.

"What why?" Bill came over to Tom, they were both giggling while sticking their fingers in the chocolate. People were shooting dirty looks at them but they didn't seem to care.

"Did you forget you're meeting is today?" What? I could have swore it was Monday.

"He told me it was Monday, it's Sunday!" I was trying to keep my voice down but now I was stressed out. A bartender had walked up to Bill and Tom and told them off, they just rolled their eyes and filled up another bowl with chocolate.

"I guess he changed his mind, tell me where you are."

"I can't, I'm doing something important. Tell Lucifer I'll see him tomorrow because I'm working." I lied, Tom and Bill were still laughing as they sat down with me.

"Dani you know he's going to get mad if I say that." Asher said, now I could hear him typing on a computer.

"I don't care just tell him I'll see him tomorrow because I can't today." Bill and Tom now looked at me, confused on what was going on.

I heard Asher sigh. "Okay but don't say I didn't warn you."

I hung up, looking back at them. Bill was dipping a strawberry in the chocolate, Tom stuck his finger in the bowl.

"What was that about?" Bill said, his mouth full of chocolate and strawberries.

"My coworker was telling me that my boss is looking for me." I said, flipping my hair to my back. I was starting to feel hot by how nervous I was.

Bill stared at my neck, then at Tom. Tom looked around, acting like he was looking for something. I covered my neck with my hair again, completely forgetting the hickeys on it.

I checked the time, 10:20. The songs would start in 10 minutes. Tom hurried up eating while Bill scrolled through his phone.

Why was Lucifer looking for me right now when our meeting is tomorrow? Did he find out something he shouldn't have? Has he found out that I lied to him again? Had my father told him that I wanted to quit?

My father. I still hadn't talked to him since the time I called yesterday. He was no use to me right now, if he can't help me then I'll have to find another way. My aunt came to mind, she was close with my mother. She could tell me how to get out.