Chapter 16

VISIONER

Visioner was in the healing center.

Again.

For two reasons:

The SkyWing healer, also known as Pronghorn, had made him a support made of wood, and Visioner was delighted to find that, although slightly uncomfortable and immobilizing, it made traveling much easier. 

The second reason was to visit Brightness.

"How did you get into this mess?" He asked, terrified and also dismayed to have found Brightness and Penguin huddled over Cyprus and Barb, who's tail-barb had been ripped out so violently the raw, jagged marks were already stained red.

All three of them were injured, though Visioner was relieved to see that Brightness only had a few scratches. 

Brightness only blinked at him, her violet eyes not betraying anything. If only you could talk, Visioner thought. Then everything would be so much easier.

The world has cursed us with so much pain and disabilities. 

BRIGHTNESS

Brightness curled up in her soft nest, her tail rested over her snout. The healers had released her the day after the fight, and Tamarin had welcomed her with open arms. 

"I'm just glad to see you weren't seriously injured," She'd said.

Brightness wished she didn't have to keep taking classes in this school. She wished she could be out of this prison, and get revenge for everything the world had done to her.

Barb and Penguin will pay for the pain they've caused to me, Brightness thought darkly. And to Visioner and Tamarin.

Although Barb had already payed, with the very thing she'd been named after. Cyprus was already dead.

And soon Penguin will feel my wrath, too.

???

He was furious.

How could they have flown away? He'd never taught them how to fly. 

Starscatter's job,  that's for sure, He thought. I'm glad she's gone now.

He chuckled to himself, thinking of the snap of bone cracking in his talons. 

Now, where would those pesky dragonets be?

He dug his claws into the stone, closing his eyes.

Oh, cursed moon of blood, tell me where to find my dragonets.

A flash of a hazy, red vision formed in his mind. A mountain that had fang-like stone jutting out at the top.

Aha, He thought, a thin, wicked grin slicing through his snout like a knife. I know just where they are.

You will never run from me again, you moon-cursed scoundrels.