Chapter 20: Taehyung

Jungkook said that he would only meet me at a public place to pass on the information. Which was weird.

I invited him at the restaurant me and Hobi Hyung went to, so that I could have an upper hand in case a situation arises.

I found Jungkook sitting on one of the tables, the sunlight from the window illuminating his face. He tried to smile when he saw me but I could sense that something was wrong.

I took a seat in front of him and eyed him expecting him to say something first. He seemed nervous, which was a rare look on him.

"Please don't freak out after listening to what I am about to say." He warned.
I hummed, signing him to continue.

"The organization that Hera belongs to... It has been experiencing the same murders you have told me about. 8 people dead during the span of 8 weeks. Cause was suffocation. There's something big going on, Taehyung." He spoke slowly, allowing me to register what he was saying.

"How do you know this?" I could see that he wasn't expecting my first question to be this. But I knew better now.

"I'd say I'm sorry but I'm not. I just wished you were actually bad so I won't be feeling guilty." It can't be.
"I am... also a spy." He spoke and quickly got up.

"You WHAT?" I yelled at him in rage before I saw a familiar figure appear in my peripheral vision.

How could I not recognize her?

I have searched for her even in my dreams.

She was wearing the same emerald green color. Destiny surely has unique ways of fucking with me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her lowly. I didn't even feel any rage anymore. It was pure hurt. And it hurt so bad.

"Taehyung, look I promise we aren't here for any fight or betrayals anymore." Just then my attention got back to Jungkook, who was peaking from behind her. Honestly, is this the same guy who used to work for me?

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say." I brushed past her but then I felt a hand pulling me back gently.

"Stay, please?" She asked in a whisper. Her eyes looked so pleading, as if her world would turn upside down if I refused.

I sighed. "Five minutes. Both of you."
Jungkook smiled and Hera just looked down.

"We would like for us to work together. Find out who is behind these murders." Jungkook said, but I could sense that he was unsure if I'd agree or not.

"Hm... What is in it for me?" I asked him, curious to see what his answer would be. He hesitated for a few seconds and I got my answer.

Suddenly, she spoke up.

"As you already know, our organization is the best in terms of inside intel and privacy. Your people would be safe with us. Also, you will get to the bottom of this pretty quickly, as we have some of the best minds in the country working for us" She spoke, raising her head high.

Jungkook was looking at her with slight surprise, as if enchanted by her confidence.

Yeah, that's my girl for you.

But I won't give them the satisfaction of getting a 'yes' from me yet.
"Sounds fascinating, Hera." I said with all of the sarcasm I could muster.

After all, sarcasm was her strong suit, not mine.

All of a sudden, she screamed loudly as she clutched her head. She fell to the floor and I ran to her as fast as I could, scooping her in my arms.

"Hera, Hera. What happened?" I shook her but she continued to scream.
"Tell me where does it hurt. Tell me for god's sake." My voice came out panicked and Jungkook quickly called the ambulance.

The next moment, she lost her consciousness.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit." I muttered as I lifted her and placed her on a chair nearby. Jungkook came to support her body by the arms.

"What happened to her?" I asked him but he looked as confused as I was.
"I... I don't know. I have never seen her like this."

"We need to get her to the hospital." I breathed shakily.
"Taehyung, stop. The ambulance will be here in three minutes tops."
He was right. I was just panicking.

I started to control my breath and managed to calm down a bit.

The gate to the restaurant opened and I got up, expecting the doctors.

Instead, two guys walked in as if they owned the place.

"Wow. Looks like we made our entrance at the wrong time." Jimin said as he eyed Hera lying on the chair.
"Who cares?" Jin Hyung loudly declared before he ran to me and embraced me in his arms.

"Hyung... She... Something happened to her." I told him breathlessly, almost on the verge of breaking.

He sent a confused look towards Jimin before it all clicked in their minds. It was her, the girl Taehyung told them about.

"Ah, Taehyung. It will be okay. We are here now." Jimin walked up to me and he too hugged me.

Jungkook watched us awkwardly from a distance. By now, he probably realized who my brothers were.

Not my own blood, but I'd die for them nevertheless. As if I can die.

The ambulance came and we all rushed to the hospital. The doctor told us it was just some kind of migraine and will go away. Nothing to worry about.

It didn't look like something that we are supposed to not worry about.

I sat beside Jungkook who had been with us since the past few hours, refusing to leave the seat outside the hospital ward.

"I will stay here. You can leave if you wish to, Jungkook." I told him calmly.
"She is my friend. I have to make sure she is okay before I leave." He said and it looked like he won't change his decision anytime soon.
"Fair enough." I nodded and got up from the seat to see what Jimin and Jin Hyung were doing at the cafeteria.

They both also insisted on staying until she wakes up for some reason.

~~~~

jimin and jin are here yayyayaya
remember to vote if you liked this chapter :)