1 - Sigor Morphyte

"Under God's gaze, we gather under this tree today, in remembrance of Martha Morphyte..."

Around forty or so people stand under a tree outside the village of Talmberg. A woman named Martha had died of an unknown illness she had been fighting with for a decade or so.

Sigor looks down at his daughter, Margaret. She was still so young, but she'll have to help provide for their home, now that her mother was gone.

He then looks up at the clouds, rain was coming soon. Then he wonders, why would God take away his love?

She was everything to him.

Later, he and Margaret walk home, up the hill towards town.

"Henry wanted me to meet him today, may I?" Margaret asks her father.

"I still don't know this boy." He replies, his helmet under his shoulder.

"Then why doesn't he come to our home for supper?"

"Depends on what Lord Gawn has me doing today."

Margaret looks back at the tree down the hill as it comes out of view. She doesn't want to even remember it.

She doesn't want to break, mentally.

They enter the walls of Talmberg, greeted by the sounds of the market and the smells of the pigs.

While Sigor begins to walk towards the castle, Margaret runs up the road towards the Tavern, he assumed it was to meet this boy named Henry.

Sigor looks down at his helmet, and puts it on. He was a different man in his armor. Losing his wife, he needed to be the Knight of the people.

Before entering the castle, he makes a left to the town blacksmith, named Arthur.

"Ahh, Sir Sigor!!" Arthur was always excited to see the Lord's Knight.

The two men shake hands.

"I'm here to pick up Lady Maria's sword." Sigor exclaims quietly.

"Ahh of course." Arthur walks into his shed, pulling out a fresh cooled, short sword.

Sigor was in awe, as always, of Arthur's work. He had forged Sigor's own sword long ago.

"Well done, Arthur." He says, taking the sword.

"God gave me the strength and the skill...I'm sorry about Martha, truly." Arthur places his hand on Sigor's shoulder.

"I just worry for the girl." Sigor looks down at his boots.

"How old is she now? 15, 16?"

"16."

"Fuck me, what an age to lose a mother."

"Indeed."

"Well...get this to the Lady.."

"Sure."

"And, if I may give you advice?"

"Go ahead."

"Keep your mind stable, Sir."

Sigor nods, then leaves to climb the hill, towards the castle.

"What in the fuck is this?!"

"The sword Lady Maria requested, my lord." Sigor kneels before Lord Gawn.

Lord Gawn was once a great Knight of the Garnet family, but now he was a fat drunk.

Gawn swings the sword around. The sword was actually incredibly well made. However, Gawn was so obsessed with gaining the favor of Lady Maria, who was the matriarch of the neighboring city of Rattay, that anything short of perfection was not enough for him.