6 - The Start

"You would be wise to surrender." Warden states, his blade unmoving.

"Any other options?" Pariah grits her teeth.

"You die. It's as simple as that."

Pariah looks at Dexter. Dexter looks at Pariah.

Pariah sprints towards Warden, but he simply ducked, grabbing her by the leg and throwing her away, stomping towards Dexter.

Dex holds his sword in a weak guard stance. Warden stands over him by over a foot.

"Drop it."

Dex charges his hands with Arc Energy, but Warden raises his blade.

Just then, Pariah thrusts her Moirai into his back, and Warden yells.

Dexter let's go of the charge, sending both Pariah and Warden flying across the field.

Pariah lands hard in the dirt, but Warden makes a three point landing, pulling out Ace of Spades as he recovered.

He begins running towards Dexter, firing Ace of Spades quickly as he did, and then sweeping his blade towards Dexter's legs, which Dexter grabs the blade with his own hands, creating a current of Arc to Warden and shocking him.

Pariah raises her Moirai again, and Dexter raises his blade. Both of them on either side of Warden.

Warden spins multiple times, deflecting their slashes in lightning succession with both his blade and the worn and scratched Ace of Spades.

He spins around again, kicking Pariah in the gut and turning to shoot Dexter in the leg, causing him to take a knee just as Pariah was getting up.

Pariah thrusts her sword forward, but Warden steps on the blade, jumping up and kicking her straight in the face, leaving a nasty mark and knocking her unconscious.

He then grabs her by the leg, and begins dragging her towards an opening Wormhole.

The Wormhole was black and white, not the usual blue.

"Pariah no!" Dexter yells, grabbing his blade and sprinting across the field towards them.

Warden throws her by the leg into the Wormhole, and waits for Dexter to throw an attack at him.

Dexter throws his blade down, and Warden sidesteps him, kneeing him in the chest and throwing him back.

"Don't try that again." He says, stepping into the Wormhole.

And it was over.

Dexter falls over, exhausted, as Vess sprints out of Rattay.

"Dex..that is your name, right..?"

Dexter nods. He looks over at where the Wormhole was.

"They..took her...Pariah. She's gone..."

Vess looks at the residue left behind by the Wormhole.