9 - I Am Alive

Sigor had been wandering the mountains for a long time now. He didn't know where he was going, but he kept his sanity close, hoping not to lose it. He couldn't see, but he knew he was going in the right direction, he knew the drawing power of the Golden Tower, he had been there before, long ago.

It was hundreds of years ago. He learned how he was to reset time from the Raging Fires within him, and came to the End of Time to begin this ritual. One thing held time from shattering, and it was not a sword, or a great warrior. It was but a princess, a young girl in the most guarded of chambers in the Golden Tower. All he was to do was end her life, and time would begin to shatter. After the Princess' death, the fog of the land began to form, and it became thicker and thicker over time.

Now he's going to try to fix it, he knows he can, even if it kills him.

He suddenly hears footsteps far behind him, shaking him out of thought.

"Who goes there?" He asks, trying to listen.

"It's me...Dexter."

"Dexter...? You're alive?"

"Yeah...why do you look away from me?"

Sigor was facing a nearby rock, not Dexter. He turns around, showing his empty eye sockets, dried blood covering his lower eyelids.

Dexter holds his sword close.

"Please, have mercy on me." Sigor falls on his knees, he can smell the metal of his own blade in Dexter's hands.

"What happened to your eyes?"

"My eyes....I..tore them out. I am free from the Fires...Silence has no control over me anymore." He stutters.

"I'm supposed to take you to the Tower, and kill you."

"To stop the Shattering, I am aware. This is what I want."

"You...want to die?"

"No, I want to save time, with my own life."

Dexter approaches him.

"This belongs to you, sir."

Sigor holds out his hands. He feels the familiar grip of his own sword.

"My sword...you kept it at your side..but how must I fight without my vision?"

"You'll find a way, I'm sure."

Dexter then begins to walk away, past Sigor.

"Dexter..wait!"

"What?"

"May I journey with you, to the Golden Tower?"

"How can I trust you?"

Sigor takes a breath, falling to one knee and pushing his sword in the snow.

"Your White Dagger, it is what must be used to draw my decrepit blood to fill that which is the Princess's Vessel. You are my Lord, I am your Knight."

Dexter closes his eyes, and walks back to Sigor.

"Then stand up." He helps him up.