4 - Stained Garnet

"Open the hatch." Camille demanded.

Flares pulls the lever, and the hatch begins to open.

Both Vess and Camille take a deep breath and tell their soldiers to put their rifles down. Then, when the hatch touched the grass, they were face to face.

Camille holds out her hand to Vess.

Vess just looks at it, at first.

"We both need allies right now, you can forget about me, kill me even, after we stop the ritual." Camille exclaims.

"After." Vess shakes her hand.

The soldiers of either side then began talking, and shaking each other's hands. They were brothers in arms, they might as well get to know eachother.

Camille runs to Frost, shoving anyone in her way.

"Frost? Are you there?"

Frost opens his eyes, then gives her a thumbs up.

She holds him in her arms, and kissed him in the forehead.

Dexter stands in the back. Where was Pariah?

"Why do you have swords, and not guns?" Pariah asks Jerrick, as they rode on a cobblestone road.

"What in the hell is a gun??" Alexander asks, riding behind them.

Pariah looks back at him, with a face of course.

"They shoot bullets. You know, metal."

"Ahh...you must mean the firearm. Blacksmith Arthur has been developing such a device for years."

"What year is it?" She asks, after hesitation.

Jerrick looks back at Alexander.

"It's still 1399..but, time has stopped. We have not died for over a thousand years."

"Immortal..?"

"An existence of suffering. Although, I am grateful, that I at least get to see God's creation as much as I'd like."

After awhile, a village came into view, but it wasn't anything you'd find in 1399. With all the time they've had, the people of this Stopped World, have innovated alot.

The village buildings remained the same as they were, but were reinforced with metallic materials, and the walls too.

"This is Talmberg. You were born here."

"I don't really remember, but okay."

"Just wait til you meet your father." Jerrick smiles under his helmet.

Damn. He was right, Morphyte was close, here in this village?

It felt impossible.

"Open the gates! Margaret has been found!"

A servant of the Lord Gawn himself hears this, and runs up the hill to the castle, into the throne room, where Gawn was waiting.

Gawn's beard and hair have grown substantially, and he lost weight, mostly from starving himself.

"My lord, Margaret, the daughter of Sir Sigor, she's been found!"

"Impossible! She's buried in Rattay!" Gawn stands up as if he weren't sitting for a century, and stomps out of the throne room, to the armory..

Where Sir Sigor Morphyte was waiting. He had arrived just days prior. Or well, hours. There are no days here.

Morphyte was looking at a burning flame in the fireplace.