10 - Bloody Angel

"Look at the dead. You betrayed these corpses."

The Generals of the Children Army stand at a small island in the Lake of Fog, and Carrion was to be executed.

Behind them, Castle Neois shatters, almost entirely gone. The Generals, six of them, were the last remnant of the army.

General Horaci stares down at Carrion, who they had torn the helmet off of. It sat destroyed in the water.

"You let the girl go, didn't you?"

Carrion just looks down.

"She's even more of a traitor than we thought!"

They all yell at her collectively.

Across the Lake, on the edge of what was left in the land, was Camille, Jerrick, and Henry. They were trying to sneak past to get to the Golden Tower.

"Enough! Let us execute her already!" General Horaci unsheathes the Execution Blade, and he lines it up to Carrion's neck.

"Do you have any last words?" He asks her.

She looks back at him slightly.

"You can't kill me.." She grits her teeth.

Horaci yells out and raises the blade, but a great explosion of Blood Magic blinds them all, causing them to fall down to the grass.

They all look up, and watch as bloody wings sprout from Carrion's back, and a dark red flame emerges from the burns on her face.

She turns around, spreading her wings out.

They all yell out in true terror.

Camille couldn't help but stop and stare as the screams of the Generals as Carrion consumed them, overtook her mind. Carrion was her.

"Lady Ghost! Cmon!" Henry grabbed her arm, but she didn't move. Jerrick grabs Henry's shoulder.

Then they felt the heat of Carrion's stare in the distance.

The blood, was red and potent, dripping from the bottom of her wings

The blood, was red and potent, dripping from the bottom of her wings. She was not a goddess of hatred, but a Goddess of Pain. Carrion.

Jerrick unsheathes his sword as Carrion flies slowly over to them.

She glares at Camille in particular.

She lands infront of her, and they both stared at eachother. But it was cut short, as Jerrick raised his sword.

"Jerrick! No!" Henry yells.

The blade cuts into Carrion's collarbone, and she yells out, flying into the air.

"Go to the Tower! Let me fight her!" Jerrick demands his Lord and the Lady.

Henry doesn't know what to say, so Camille grabs him and throws him over her shoulder, running through the water to the Golden Tower.