7 - Your Fires Kindled

Who are the Children?

To know the Children, you must know their Father. He is the Crown.

Long ago, in one of the earliest of Timelines, were three great heroes. One by one, they died, and were brought back to life by the Crown's power, as Seraphs.

But two of the Seraphs, as loyal as they were, were cast out, their titles of Seraph torn from their souls.

They were forsaken, to the End of Time..

Destiny: Eclipse
Book 3: Infernal Fate
Act 2
By Wyatt, me

——————-

You could barely see any of the Golden Tower from where the red knight Carrion sat. She was the Warden's closest companion. She was once the other Seraph.

This lookout for the Castle called Neois was the one place she found peace and quiet, unless she went to the Lake, eternally smothered with the fog of war

"Don't stand there forever...you still have a duty." The Warden steps onto the balcony.

Carrion looks back at him.

"No doubt the girl's friends are going to come after her...you know."

"Can I speak to her?"

"Don't ask me, ask Horaci."

Horaci was one of the few Generals of the Children army. More specifically, he oversaw enemy intelligence.

There was a person for everything. No doubt, the Warden made sure his army had every angle met, as he was once a great Commander long ago.

Carrion walks past Warden, but he grabs her by the arm.

"You need to forget about him, Camille." He told her.

Long ago, she was once Camille, a great leader. She and Warden worked with another legend back then, Seraph Dolos. But, that was a long time ago.

She might as well forget.

"That's not my name anymore." She said softly.

Warden loosens his grip on her arm and she leaves the lookout.

He turns around to face the view of the Golden Tower far away. He then looks up at the clouds, and the faint golden light emerging from behind them.

He falls on one knee, pulling his hood off and gazing up at the faint light.

"If..you're there, father...please.." He pauses, struggling to get out comprehensible words.

"Give me guidance.." He says loudly, his head falling down to stare at the ground. He was not worthy of his father's guidance anymore, why should he even try?