Unkown Places | R&R

And this is the 2rd chapter! I lazed around for this one please enjoy :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where am I?

awakening in a strange leather bed. It did not feel uncomfortable, yet it felt so strange. I slowly opened my eyelids to get a view of my surroundings before realizing that I was in some sort of moving cart, and even weirder is that it seemed to be impossibly smooth! What kind of wood artisans do they employ?

My body felt every bump on the cracked pathway. Glancing at my surroundings, my eyes come upon a group of faceless demons seated a few paces ahead of me, their armor a strange green and brown instead of the black armor the demons that attacked me and Erune wore. They seem not to have yet noticed that I have awoken.

Good, I may be able to escape these restraints and run to Mirria.

I squirmed beneath the tightness of these binds, but all attempts at escape were punished with incessant agony from their accursed weapons. Both my legs are without strength. The binds are impossible to rid; that alone spurred fear to settle within my thoughts as these vagrants towered over me.

Glancing around at the strange metallic carriage once more, I find a window in the strange carriage and attempt to peer outside of it, only able to see the sunrise and the occasional strange structures of the "human" settlement.

Where could they possibly be taking me? The only way out of this place is through Eden's Pass.

From all I could gather from the window, these faceless green and brown demons seem to be taking me deeper into the "human" settlement, the frequency of their strange structures increasing the deeper the carriage takes me. Suddenly, the carriage stops, and I listen in to hear what seems to be more demons chattering outside of the carriage.

The other demons seated ahead of me get up and place their palms on each corner of the leather bed. Craning my neck backward, I watch as the carriage door swings open to reveal another faceless demon. It stares at me directly in the eyes, its face featureless yet still instilling me with fear I did not know one could feel.

Curse these bonds. Curse these faceless demons.

I continue to watch as the demons holding onto the leather bed lift it into the air, carrying me out of the metallic carriage. Carefully observing my surroundings, my eyes widen in horror as I see a portal—the very same one we were sent to watch for and warn the kingdom should it open again. Its mesmerizing swirling colors are almost hypnotizing. A revelation goes through me as another strange metallic carriage emerges from the portal, followed by more of the faceless demons.

These are not demons! These are humans! The same ones we were sent to guard against should they return!

Sweat trickles down my forehead as my eyes continue to survey the surroundings of the portal, and there I see another metallic carriage stop a few dozen paces next to the one I had ridden in, and more humans emerge carrying another leather bed similar to mine. I almost fall into tears as I realize that Erune had also been taken alongside me.