018🖤

Alexis knew how it was all getting too much. She didn't even want to go into work. She felt like everyone was looking at her. Like they were all talking about her. And it wasn't easy.

She felt like it was all falling apart. And she didn't know how to stop it from happening. She knew that it was all too much. She felt like she was the reason that Max had been banned from seeing Isla.

She knew if he found out, he would do something else to her. Something more to ruin her life. And she didn't know how to feel about it.

She just wanted to make it all disappear. To make it go back to how it used to be.

All she knew was that her head a mess. And she needed to somehow get back to how she used to be. She knew it was going to take some time.

Morning came and she found herself in bed with Tom. She looked to him and sighed. "I don't want to go to work," she mumbled.

"I know babe. But I'll be there for you. You're not alone. You have Esmè there for you too," Tom said as kissed her. He pulled her close and held her. "You have everyone there for you. I promise you."

Alexis shook her head. She sighed. "I'm not going. Call Esmè and ask her if she wants me to watch Isla. But I'm not going," she told him.

Tom sighed. He grabbed his phone and text Esmè. He was hoping that she could talk some sense into her.

He put his phone down and looked to Alexis. "Isla is coming to spend the system day with you. You lucky woman."

Alexis smiled and sighed. "I'm sorry. I just... I can't deal with them all looking at me. I hate Max. And I hate what he's done to me," she said.

"I know babe."

***
Alexis smiled as Esmè walked in with Isla. She looked to her. "So what's going on?" Esmè asked, sitting down with her.

Alexis sighed. "I just... I can't deal with it. Everyone looking at me. gawping at me. It hurts. It kills me that Max could do that to me. I thought we had something. And he did this," she mumbled.

"Listen. Max will realise when he loses everything. I hate him for what he's done. He's seen Isla twice in the last four weeks. And that was for half an hour," Esmè told her.

Alexis knew how it was all a huge mess. And she just wanted it to stop. She wanted to feel okay. But she wasn't. She was far from okay.

***
Alexis was sitting in the living room. She heard a knock at the door. She stood and answered it to see Max there. She went to slam the door when he stopped her. "You've ruined my life. Get lost," she spat.

"I've ruined your life? I am not allowed to see my own daughter! Ive lost my job. Everything. Because of you," he said.

"You're the one who did what you did. So back off. Or I will get you done again."

Max smirked. "You've made a mistake. You'll regret this," he said as he turned and walked off.

But was he serious about making her regret what she had done?