020🩶

Alexis couldn't help but think that Max was about to ruin her life even more. She was worried. She knew how she had been avoiding work. But she couldn't anymore.

She needed to face it. Especially as she had all but used up her leave. She was worried about going back. She knew Max was still there.

Alexis was thankful that she had Tom and Esmè there for her. She wasn't sure she could get through it if it wasn't for the two of them.

She knew she needed to make it to work. To show Max that she wasn't scared of him. That she wasn't going to let him ruin her life even more.

She was determined to all she could to make it work. To make it seem as though she was stronger than what Max Tyler had done.

It wasn't going to be easy. She knew that. But she wasn't going to let Max Tyler win. Not when she was stronger than he thought.

Max had tried to break her. And she wasn't going to let him think he had broken her.

All she knew was that things weren't easy. But she wasn't going to give up. She wasn't going to let him think he had driven her out.

She woke that morning and got out of bed. Tom groaned as he opened his eyes. "Babe. What's going on?" He asked.

Alexis turned to him and smiled. "I'm getting ready for work."

"You're going in?"

Alexis nodded. She smiled. "Yeah. I'm not going to let that jerk think he's won. He hasn't broken me at all. And I'm not going to keep away from my job," she told him.

Tom climbed out of bed. He smiled and kissed her lips. "I'm so proud of you. I love you. And we're going to show Max Tyler that he won't win," he said.

"No we're not. Do you think I can do this?" She asked as she looked to him.

Tom nodded "I know you can. You're strong."

***
Alexis took a deep breath as she walked into the staffroom. Esmè walked over and hugged her. She grinned. "I'm so proud of you. I really am," she said.

"I can't let him win. I need to confront this head on," Alexis said. She sighed. "Max came to see me last week. He said he was going to ruin me even more because he's not allowed to see Isla."

Esmè frowned. She shook her head. "He hasn't seen her by his own choice. It has nothing to do with what happened to you," she said.

Alexis smiled. She looked to her. "I hate this. I hate how I'm supposed to be okay. But I'm not. I'm here but I'm so scared."

"You don't need to be scared. I'm here. And I won't let him upset you. Or hurt you anymore," Esmè told her.

***
Alexis was in her classroom. The door opened and max walked in. he smirked. "Didn't think you'd have the balls to turn up here again."

"I'm not letting you win. I work here. And you're not going to push me out of my job. So if you want a war, you've got one," Alexis said as she turned and walked out.

She wasn't going to let Max Tyler win. Not anymore.