-𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐬-

|Soft And Wet|

"Ha...that's funny!"

The expensive elevator had reached the desired floor by the sharply dressed man inside. He walked out into the bright hallway.

What was once a dark and clear night had gone to an intense downpour in a matter of minutes, which was weird, stumping weather ologists everywhere.

The large door at the end of the hallway opened and revealed a nice office, a larger Italian man at his desk.

"Ah, Mr Edgar, how nice of you to make it in this rain" The man smiled.

"Well Gio, I wouldn't miss this urgent meeting because of a little rain" Mr Edgar smiled.

"A little is a nice way of putting it, maybe you can get a supe to figure it out" Gio laughed, as Mr Edgar took a seat.

"Now, what's on the agenda" Edgar smiled. Gio's face slowly changed from jovial to standoffish.

"Well...as you know I'm an avid birdwatcher...and this tower is one of the largest in the city...aside from Vought tower obviously..." Gio began.

"So tell me why...Homelander is keeping an eye on me" Gio asked.

"I have no idea what you mean?" Edgar said, lying through his teeth.

"Cut the shit...at least once a week these past 3 months, I've been seeing Homelander outside my window, staring at me" Gio got angrier.

"Well...I'll have a talk with him" Edgar nodded.

"I think I might know the reason..." Gio started, reaching into his desk.

Gio pulled out two files, files Edgar recognised, belonging to two troublesome supes, namely Y/N L/N and Zach Nelson.

"Now...its of my knowledge that these two supes in particular have seemingly been doing quite well...that is...up until three months ago" Gio continued.

"When Homelander killed one of them" He finished, leaning back in his chair.

"Honestly...if Homelander killed one of our supes, which he didn't...then it was probably a matter of life and death...we'll look into it" Mr Edgar said, standing up.

"Its just not a very good look for Vought...if this got out...ooh boy" Gio huffed.

"I sure do hope you don't plan on releasing this lie to the press?" Mr Edgar raised an eyebrow.

"Well, time's are...crazy...I'm just looking out for the public" Gio said, leaning back in his chair.

"...Right...best of luck" Edgar said, his voice going to monotone, as he left the room.

Gio leaned back, confident he had the upper hand, he turned to the large glass wall behind him, looking out as the rain continued to pour.

Just then, a small flash of light briefly hit his eyes, which was confusing, as he was high above the rest of the buildings.

Using his bird watching binoculars that he loved to use, he glanced around, until he saw something peculiar.

A man, wrapped in black cloths that formed some form of a uniform, but it looked tattered, like Black Noir, but a lot messier.

But what he was standing on was truly something else. Nothing. He was standing on air, or on the water as it rained.

The man had a sniper, and Gio knew it was being aimed at himself, he cursed in his head as he got a good look at the masked figure through all that rain.