-𝐆𝐨 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝-

|Soft And Wet|

"The Rainmaker?"

"Do you think Butchers a bacon guy?" You asked, holding up a pack of bacon.

You and Ana had been tasked to go on a supply run, and were acting like two kids in a candy store.

Ana hadn't really been shopping in years, so she was just happy to be there, while you purchased things you wouldn't really have while on the run.

Ana shuffled through the desert isle, marvelling at all the sugar filled contents that stocked the shelves.

Twinkies, gummy bears, chocolates, cheesecakes, the whole lot, she shovelled into your basket, all with a bright smile on her face.

"I've been practicing my power" Ana says, digging for more food.

"Oh yeah?" You asked.

"Yeah...trying to make more of me...I think two might be the limit" Ana sighed.

"Well still, 2 of you is better than none" You smiled at her, as she smiled back.

The car you'd been given barely fit in all the sweet treats Ana made you get, it was a miracle as to how you could afford it.

Ana sat shotgun, eating gummy bears as you began to drive, the drive was a long one, so it left you plenty of time to talk.

"Your powers come back yet?" She asked.

"No" You said bluntly, not having your powers was one of the worst things that could happen to you. "Walked into so many doorways"

"Who was that guy?" Ana asked, somehow thinking you'd know.

"Not sure...maybe he was with Vought, coming after one of us" You sighed.

Ana's face fell a little, blaming herself for what happened to you, you picked up on this, and put a reassuring hand on hers.

"It wasn't your fault...it was that guys" You explained, thinking back to the moment.

"Should we go...get him?" Ana asked, knowing the connotations of the word 'Get'.

"I'd like nothing more" You chuckled. "But lets focus on one thing at a time"

"Butcher doesn't like supes" Ana said, looking out the window. "Does that mean me?"

"No...no you're helping him, I'm sure he thinks you're great" You said, looking to her solemn face. "I know I do"

That seemed to cheer her up more, as you parked the car near the motel, both hopping out of the car.

While Ana went to unload some of the groceries, you turned the corner of the motel, and saw Hughie walking there too.

You were a split second away from getting his attention, but decided against it when you saw him getting tackled by SWAT looking soldiers.

Instead you instantly turned heel and ran to the car, putting the groceries back in the car, quickly putting Ana back in the car and hopping in yourself.

"What happened?" Ana asked, as you pointed to the entrance.

You saw a van, with the word 'Flowers' on it drive past, a van that doesn't have a logo but instead just the word 'Flowers' were suspicious as hell.

"I think the others have been compromised" You said quickly.

"Compromised?" She asked, not knowing the meaning of the word.