The Broken Glass

Tw: mentions of abuse, blood and a lot of cursing

They are 22 here and dazai and chuuya are together, and live together. This is definitely not canon.

Dazai was on his way home to chuuya after a long day of work. He actually did some paperwork after a bit of forcing but eventually the day came to an end and he didn't have to do anything.

On his walk home dazai just thought of his time in the mafia, how he met chuuya, the bar lupin, what mori did to him. He stopped thinking about it after what mori did to him as it still traumatised him to this day. He then realised he was outside his house.

He walked up to the door and opened it with his key. He took off his coat and shoes.

"I'm home~" dazai said in a happy voice as he saw chuuya walk downstairs.

"Hey Mackeral, go change" chuuya says wanting to just snuggle up against dazai because of a long, bad day of paperwork at work.

Dazai went and got changed into some sweatpants and a comfy shirt.

They sit down on the couch, chuuya between dazai's legs, with dazai cuddling chuuya.

"Have a bad day at work slug?" Dazai asks already bowing the answer.

"Mhm, ya" chuuya says snuggling into dazai not feeling like talking.

Dazai began to tell chuuya about his day and how he actually did his work and how he went to bar lupin and saw a cat with chuuya just nodding in response or chuckling.

Dazai was happy when he saw chuuya's mood was better, although he would never actually admit that to chuuya.

At around 5pm the couple pretty much finished catching up.

"Hey dazai I'm going to the toilet real quick, if you want anything to eat or drink just go to the kitchen and get just don't burn anything down!" Chuuya says before flying off to the bathroom.

"Okay... I should go get some water my mouth is dry" Dazai says talking to himself before walking into the kitchen.

He looks through some cabinets before finding some glasses.

He reached for a glass and-

Crash

He dropped it. Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

He dropped to his knees and tried to clean up the mess as memories of Mori's  abuse plagued his mind. He could almost feel the presence of Mori towering over him.

His hands were shaking so much and he couldn't breathe. As he went to pick up the fallen shards, he cursed his wobbly hands for trembling. It made it a lot harder to fix this mess. The scraps in his hands cut at his skin and caused him to bleed. In his panic, he didn't dwell on it and instead continued to try to pick up the pieces of the fallen glass.

He felt pains around his torso, remembering the kicks he once had to endure for mistakes like this. He didn't want to deal with that. He couldn't, he couldn't, he couldn't.

He wouldn't, either. He knew he wouldn't have to. He was safe. He was okay for now. He was just at his boyfriends house, so why was he so fucking terrified? Why did he feel like he was going to pass out? Why did he have to force his mouth shut so that no loud sobs would escape?

His hands ached from the glass, and his throat hurt from forcing back the cries.

He felt so small. Like he was a kid again. Like he was utterly hopeless. Like he was-Like he was-