Chapter Five

"Something bout the look on your face

As you feelin' a way, baby, I feel it too

You don't gotta tell me about it

We could dance around it, we could rendezvous"

Another week passes as your friendship with Namjoon takes on a weird shift. There were times while messaging him that he sounded distant from you and then other times he was rather earnest and giving you his undivided attention. You couldn't tell whether he was just experiencing a busy college schedule since finals were around the corner, but either way, it left you feeling a little confused about what you wanted from him.

"You study too much." Naomi mutters as you pull out your textbook and laptop.

"Well, I have to maintain my GPA or else I lose my scholarship. I think my parents would disown me if I fail out of college." You remark while pulling out two cans of espresso drinks you got from the vending machine downstairs.

Naomi giggles. "I don't think there's anyone in this dorm with marks like yours. Well, other than the nursing students. They all have A's and somehow still stress about their grades." She comments before sparing you a knowing look and adding, "You should've gone into the medical field."

You breathe out a laugh. "I'm pretty sure my mom would've loved that, but instead she's straddled with a daughter who desires a career in journalism."

"It's better than being undeclared like me." Naomi points out before adding, "It's why my father has me signing up for a shit ton of business courses."

You roll your eyes at her before refocusing on your work. Your finals were just around the corner and you were determined to memorize everything even if it kills you. Naomi leaves shortly afterwards, claiming that she needs to release her stress with the cute guy from the finance department–her words, not yours.

The afternoon droned on as you read through most of your notes, making flash cards on terms you needed a little extra help on. You were about to take a break when your phone started vibrating with an incoming call. You glance down at your phone as you stretch out the kinks that have settled in your shoulders. Dimples name flashes across your phone screen as a smile tugs at your lips.

Answering the call, you say, "Isn't this a little late for you to call?" Doing a quick mental math of the time difference it'd be close to 2AM in South Korea.

A breathy laugh is heard over the phone, eliciting a wave of goosebumps to coat your skin. He sounds undeniably attractive with that voice–it's deep and sultry.

"I've been thinking about you all day, jagi." Namjoon murmurs in a low tone.

Your cheeks heat up with blush, wondering why the hell he was awake in the first place.