Chapter Six

"Your laugh, echoes down the hallway

Carves into my hollow chest, spreads over the emptiness

It's bliss

It's so simple, but we can't stay

Overanalyze again, would it really kill you if we kissed?"

You were more than eager to board your flight to Seoul. Naomi was kind enough to offer you a ride to the airport, the two of you stopping off at a quaint restaurant to grab something to eat before being dropped off.

"You know, I commend you for being celibate for an entire semester," Naomi begins to compliment before showing off a teasing smirk while adding, "Well, for the most part celibate."

Your face flushes beet red as you nearly choke on the water you were sipping on. "Please, if you have an ounce of kindness in your soul, you'll forget you heard any of it."

Naomi snorts out a laugh. "How could I forget?" She remarks before adding, "It was quite the show you were putting on." Leaning forward on her elbows, Naomi asks, "Was it over a video call?"

Your face heats up with an embarrassed flush, praying to whatever God was present that you would be swallowed up by the ground.

"C'mon y/n, don't get shy on me now. This is what friends do." She says lightly.

Your eyes shoot up to meet hers. "What, they humiliate one another?"

Naomi rolls her eyes. "No, they talk about these things. Hookups, navigating gray area relationships, the whole package." She explains.

You let out a sigh. "I just...it was the first time I ever did that and I liked it." You say softly, unable to meet her eyes.

You recall Namjoon sending you a message some hours after the whole thing happened. He was checking in on you to make sure he hadn't crossed a boundary. You assured him that everything was fine and that you had a good time, but there was a small part of you that wanted to die of humiliation. You understood that it wasn't some uncommon thing for a girl to masturbate, but it felt wildly new to you–as if you were crossing into taboo territory with no map to guide you.

"Then that's a good thing." Naomi points out. "I hope you're not beating yourself up for experiencing a fairly common thing. I mean, it's usually between couples, but there's always an exception to any rule." She explains, which helps to temper down your spiking nerves.

"I know you're right–" You begin but Naomi cuts you off.

"If you add a but to that statement, I will kick your butt." She says with narrowed eyes. "Don't overthink it and just chalk it up to a good time."

It takes a considerable amount of effort to accept her words, but after a moment of allowing her statement to settle in your mind, you knew she was right. It was a good time and you didn't want to sour the memory by overthinking it to a grave.