Chapter 1: Prologue

A/N: I was watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Witch From Mercury since the beginning of when it aired, and I loved it. I've been wanting to do a mech/gundam book, and I think I finally have one to do. I'm not too expectant of this book seeing as the mech genre has sort of become obscure and niche, but to those of you who stumble upon this work or check it out, I hope that not only you enjoy the story, but that you check out the show yourself, as I HIGHLY recommend it. Also I wanted to push forward ahead to the action of this story, and in terms of explaining the mechs and their origins, I will add those parts in their respective chapters. I hope you enjoy. Also I know it's weird that the reader has not been seen yet, this is just a set up for supporting characters and this way the reader will be around the same age as the people he is surrounded by in the story. Thanks for reading!

A.S-[Ad Stella] Year 101

The 20th month of the A.S. calendar had just arrived and a faction called the Front 3rd Autonomous Sector had approved a budget to purchase Gundam-type mobile suits that were manufactured by a group called the Ochs Earth Corporation. However, information was spread that Ochs Earth's weapon system has raised major concerns regarding bioethical issues for their mobile suit's pilots, putting the accountability of the company and the Mobile Suit Development Council in question. The format that the Gundam-type mobile suits used, GUND format, was designed to be a medical technology to aid with physical incapability's caused by the environment of living in space. Though, once Ochs Earth had acquired the leader researcher of the project, the Vanadis Institute, the GUND format was remodeled and repurposed to suit the needs for powerful militarized mobile suits, which caused extreme physical damage to those who pilots these mobile suits due to discovery of data storms that spread throughout their bodies. With news spreading about this dangerous piloting system, the public reaction was one of shock and disgust with most protesting against and ridiculing the unethical and harmful designs these machines possessed. With the current status of the GUND format and the clear direction that Ochs Earth intends to pursue the technology in, the lead group for the development of GUND technology has been put in the crosshairs of the Mobile Suit Development Council, which has chosen to seize and freeze all development of Gundam-type mobile suits. The Vanadis group were not the only ones leading the development of the GUND format in mobile suits, as another group that was broken off from the main development company was sent out to a remote laboratory where they would take the basis of  the GUND format and see what other applications could be created with the technology. The laboratory was concealed as a mining asteroid while the broken branch of Vanadis continued their work. Walking through the halls of the laboratory was a man with medium length hair slicked back wearing a red colored space suit and a red helmet held in his left hand. Walking up to a steel door at the end of the hall, the entrance to a closet sized communication's room opened as the man pressed a button to seal the door before setting his helmet down on the side and walking over and sitting down at the desk, he pressed a few buttons on the console before the screen in front of him turned on and his blue eyes shined from the reflection of the light.

"Please state your name and designation." The computer spoke in a robotic voice.

"Casval Rem Deikun, sub-lead of research development." The man spoke his name into the computer as the screen changed and revealed access logs of the incoming messages.

Casval would go through any incoming data the station had received recently and read through the countless warnings of possible raids on all facilities under the Vanadis Group. While he was about save some data he received from one of his departments on Palau, a new notification popped up in the center of his screen and he saw it was a connecting call from Fólkvangr and headquarters. Seeing that now was a critical time for their group, Casval swiped some residual sweat from his forehead and slicked his hair back a bit more before answering the call. Once he picked up, two images of different men popped up in the video call, one was Yamaoka from headquarters, the other was Nadim Samaya from Fólkvangr.