Chapter 9: The Dawn of Things to Come

A/N: Been a while, but I finally got a chapter out. I'm gonna put out two more chapters before switching back to another story of mine, but hopefully this and the chapters to come are enough to satisfy those of you who are reading for a while. I'm not feeling burned out of this story, and I'm feeling more lively about writing, so I hope this is up to everyone's standard that they expect from this book. Thanks for reading. See you guys in the next one!

"President Rembran, I will now inform you of our objection." Char said as he turned towards him. "Please allow Neo Zeon Systems to enter a Developer Co-Prosperity Agreement between us and Shin Sei Development Corporation." He said as this surprised and shocked all members of the hearing even more. "Neo Zeon Systems would head the relationship between our corporations and be held accountable for the actions of Shin Sei Development Corporation. If you grant us with your blessing, I believe a new age of machines will come, and may lead the group into an even greater future that your top engineers and scientists could not have foreseen coming." Char shared the proposal from their side of the matter as the entire hall was in awe of their request.

The audience that was attending this inquiry was silent and in awe of what Neon Zeon Systems had just requested for, and there was no initial response to this insane offer that was suddenly proposed to the President. Only after about a whole minute of silence had passed, did the President finally decide to speak of the situation.

"Your request is refused." Delling said as Char raised his head to the President.

"If it is the possibility of security risks that the Aerial poses, Neo Zeon Systems is fully prepared to take full responsibility and handle the situation. If the Shin Sei Development Corporation were to violate any act in the Co-Prosperity Agreement between our companies, their fates would like in our hands and we will fully abide by any ruling you wish to impose onto the Corporation. We will even be willing to dismantle the Aerial right before your own eyes." Char said to try and reassure the President, but his points were being ignored.

"That's where the problem lies, Captain." Char heard as he turned his head towards Sarius who was the one who spoke up. "If this alliance of yours and Lady Prospera's companies were to come to fruition, who's to say that there wouldn't be any further advancements of the mobile suit that would make it surpass any previous Gundam types that appeared in the past? You're company has shown great growth and earnings, yet we know little to nothing about any of the mobile suits you've created and barely get any information in regards to the other machines you've submitted to the company. There is no documented credibility that proves your company are responsible and trustworthy enough to handle a situation like this." Sarius said as Vim took his turn to speak.

"Not to mention the way you and your representative have come dressed to this inquiry. Not only do you conceal your faces from us with those strange masks, but you show yourselves in such militaristic designed uniforms. Just what kind of company are you really?" Vim questioned Char as everyone in the room mutually agreed to the shady feeling that Char and Iilya were giving off.

"Understood." Char said as everyone grew confused, even Iilya.

The confused looks were soon turned to stares of surprise as Char slowly reached to his head and grabbed the edges of his mask. Slowly lifting the head piece off, Iilya felt her heart rate rise as Char slowly pulled off his mask, and once it was off, he opened his eyes to reveal the intimidating blue eye that were hidden behind it. When Char turned to stare at Vim, the Jeturk representative couldn't help but feel a cold shiver run down his spine as he tensed up.

"If I may speak freely, I only wear it because it's my style. Or you could say it's a tool of propaganda. Without those of you like Vim Geturk to point it out to me, I usually forget I even have it on. My apologies." Char said as he cordially bowed in apology to everyone around him.