Chapter 7: Troubling Situation

Present Time, A.S-(Stella Year) Year 122

After finalizing some calculation data for the Unicorn and sending the information back to base, the Garenceries returned to the Rewloola to head back to base, and your mother was in an office going over some paperwork that she needed to resolve for funding of the company. While she glossed over some documents, her boredom overcame her as she closed the stack of papers in front of her and leaned back in her seat with a heavy sigh. Glancing over to a picture frame on her desk, she stared at the picture of your family back in your peaceful days of Mercury before you were all forced to embark on this journey. Emily reached over and grabbed the picture as she stared down and looked at your smiling face in the picture.

"Y/N...Are you doing well?" Emily wondered as she hugged the picture to her chest.

"Emily, it's me. Something's happened." Emily heard Casval's voice come from the other side of her door as she put down the picture on her desk.

"Come in." Emily said as she stood up from her seat and watched Casval enter her office with his mask on. "Is something the matter?" She asked as Casval held out a tablet for her.

"The Aerial and it's pilot, Suletta Mercury...They've been detained by the council under suspicions of the machine being a Gundam." Casval said as Emily took a look at the information leak. "During a scheduled duel between Suletta Mercury and the current Holder at the school, Guel Jeturk, the Aerial displayed the GUND-FORMAT technology once thought to be frozen and easily defeated the Jeturk machine." He said as specifications for the Aerial were also listed in the leaked information. 

"Did Suletta Mercury engage the GUND-FORMAT knowing the technology she possessed?" Emily asked.

"It's unknown, but it's certain that they're conducting heavy levels of interrogation on her to figure just how she came to possess the forbidden machine and its technology." Casval said as the tablet beeped a few times before the image of Darren popped up on the screen.

"Mother, we've received an incoming transmission from President Delling." Darren informed her.

"Who else is on the contact list?" Emily asked as she handed the tablet back over to Casval as she walked over to her desk and grabbed her mask as she hurriedly exited her office with Casval following closely.

"No one else, it seems that the President is contacting us alone." Darren said as this surprised Emily and Casval, but they shook their unease quickly and headed for the communications room.

Dawning her mask, your mother floated through the halls quickly before stopping in front of the communications room door and opening it. Walking inside, she was greeted by the communications crew who all gave her and Casval a salute and they returned the gesture. Looking ahead to the large screen at the end of the room, Emily and Casval stood at the helm under their aliases, as the image of Delling appeared on screen and they were now in live comms with the President.

"Representative of Neo Zeon Systems, Iilya Von Zabi." Delling spoke her name in his usual cold and piercing tone.

"President Delling, it's a pleasure to be speaking with you again so soon." Emily, who right now was Iilya, said as she bowed her head slightly.

"The council will be holding an inquiry in regards to Shin Sei's representative. I assume word has already reached you in regards to the incident that occurred earlier." Delling said as she nodded in confirmation.

"A Gundam-Type mobile suit is presumed to have appeared at the Asticassia Academy, with both the suit and pilot being apprehended. We are aware." Emily said.

"You are to attend this inquiry as well. If this is an unfortunate timing, the earnings you'll receive this quarter will be tripled to make up for the inconvenience." Delling said as Emily shook her head.