Chapter 16: An Event To Die For

A Few Days After The Duel

After the duel had finished you and the rest of the Earth House got to work dismantling the Narrative's Booster Pack from the Aerial and you just left the docking bay where a ship that was previously accompanying the Rewloola had picked up the booster pack and departed back to the fleet. You had some free time to kill and wandered around the academy grounds, but while taking a stroll on your own, the memory of the Aerial activating the Psycho-Frame within the booster lingered in your mind. The anxiousness and unease you felt after seeing that followed you after the duel and you were worried when any of your friends would bring up the topic. What made you feel estranged as well was that Suletta's opponent, Elan Ceres, had not been to classes or with the committee for some time after what happened. Things felt shaken up in your life and you were hoping that for now you could just rest and take things slow. Aimlessly wandering around the academy you found yourself back at the greenhouse that belonged to Miorine and saw that the door was open, suggesting that she was inside. Taking a glance inward you saw that Suletta was helping trim the branches of the tomatoes that Miorine was growing, while the white haired princess was working on the computer station to the side. Feeling like you wanted to do something to take your mind off of what happened and make sure they don't look at you with suspicion, you decided to act normal as you knocked twice on the door frame and caught their attention.

"Need some help?" You asked as you stepped inside of the greenhouse while Miorine turned her seat back to the computer in front of her.

"Yeah, she's moving too slow. Grab a watering can and water some of them will you?" Miorine said while typing away at the station as you chuckled awkwardly.

"Ahaha...sure." You said while grabbing a watering can and pour some on the tomato plants behind Suletta.

"I-I'm sorry." Suletta said in her usual timid voice.

"Honestly...Are you really that worried about Elan?" Miorine asked as your interest became piqued and you stopped watering the plants to look at Suletta for her answer.

"He hasn't been to school since then, either. Is he really okay?" Suletta said in wonder of the condition Elan was in.

"Butting into other people's problems and worrying without being asked...Are you enjoying this or something?" Miorine asked while placing an order for more fertilizer as she looked at the bag for its item code before putting it into the system.

"Haven't you ever been troubled, Ms. Miorine...about somebody else's--." Suletta asked, but she couldn't finish her question as Miorine already had an answer.

"Never. I only ever think about one thing. Getting out of this place and going to Earth. If your mind is always elsewhere, you'll fail the exam again." Miorine answered bluntly as Suletta seemed saddened by this answer which she wasn't expecting.

"H-Hey, Miorine...you don't have to be--!" You couldn't finish what you were going to say either as she spoke to you now.

"The same goes to you. Always sticking up for anyone is going to get you in more problems than you need. You should learn that sometimes you need to stay in your lane and focus on what's important for you instead." Miorine said as she put in another order for supplies as you fell silent.

"I guess that's true, but..." Suletta muttered as she wanted to say something, but all of your student notebooks had an alert go off as you pulled them out to see a wide-spread announcement was sent to everyone.

"An invitation?" Suletta said in wonder of receiving an invitation to an event.

"An incubation party, huh? There's no need to go." Miorine said as she closed her notebook and put it away before continuing her work.