Chapter 15: Dramatic Face-Off

The Same Night After Guel's Duel

You were walking around the hangar in your sleepwear of grey pants and a white shirt and dragged and whilst walking through the large building, you came to a atop in front of your Unicorn as you stared at it deep in thought.

"The only way to defeat a Gundam...is with a Gundam." Those words echoed through your thoughts as you glanced over at the Aerial across the hangar as it was the next mobile suit to face the Pharact Gundam.

"Three Gundam-Type mobile suits are stationed here at the school. Just what kind of events are going to occur before we reach the climax of this mission?" You muttered to yourself as you turned away from the mobile suits and headed to the exit to get some fresh air.

After shutting off the lights and walking out of the hangar, you headed off for a midnight stroll to try and clear your mind of all the things that had happened so far. While you were out for a midnight stroll, you wandered into the garden area of the academy as you walked along the path in silence as the small lights that ran along the sides of the walkway lit the way ahead. You couldn't get over the fact that Suletta now had to duel against Elan and his Pharact Gundam. That gruesome battle Guel went through constantly replayed in your head as you imagined the defensive measures you'd need in order to battle such a machine. Just as you were deep in thought, your attention was caught when you saw someone ahead of you and walking in your direction as you were surprised to see it was Guel, and he was holding a drab duffle bag of sorts with his head down.

"Guel...?" You said in surprise as he finally noticed you ahead of him.

You and Guel stared at one another for a few moments as you saw the troubling look on his face. Guel had a look of someone who had just been betrayed and lost everything and the way he dragged his legs as he continued in his direction further reinforced that assumption as he walked pass you without saying another word. You contemplated letting him go or saying something to him, and eventually chose the latter as you turned around to call out to him.

"Where are you going?" You asked as he stopped in his tracks, but didn't turn to face you. "There shouldn't be anyone out here this late...Not unless you don't have anywhere to go..." You said as you saw him clench his hand around the strap of his bag that he hung over his shoulder. "...They cut you loose, didn't they? If you need somewhere to stay, then you can--." Your words were cut off when Guel suddenly spoke up.

"Keep your nose out of it." Guel said in a fierce tone as you were taken aback from his voice as he clenched his other hand into a fist. "This is a family issue...Outsiders shouldn't stick their noses into other families problems..." He said as he continued ahead into the night, leaving you with a level of concern for his well-being.

"Guel..." You muttered his name with a concerned tone as he disappeared from sight and you put your hand to your chest, feeling the pain and emotional turmoil coming from him. 

After failing your attempt to console Guel and his troubles, you finished your night stroll early and headed back to the Earth House to get some rest that would be needed for the coming days. Once morning had come and both parties were free from any school activities, you and Suletta made your way back to the dueling committee's gathering place as Suletta and Elan stood in front of one another as Shaddiq stood between them as witness. You were stood behind Suletta with your arms crossed and stared at Elan cautiously as he kept his same emotionless face on while looking Suletta eye to eye.

"Both parties, deposit your souls on Libra's scales. The duelists are Elan Ceres and Suletta Mercury. The location will be the airspace outside the front." Shaddiq announced the battle zone as you and Suletta were confused by this.