Chpater three

I came down the stairs quietly, and grabbed my coat off of the railing of the staircase so I could go hang out with my friends at a party - the floorboards squeaked and my mom heard it from the living room, "Where are you going Kim?" My mother was sitting on the couch not even bothering to look at me, but I know she heard me because she wouldn't have said anything otherwise. I opened the door and grumbled something out coldly, "I'm going out, not like it's any of your business," my mom turned around from the tv to the door as it slammed behind me, she gave the door a deadpan look before going back to stare at the tv, not caring enough to know where I was truly going or to see if I was telling the truth. I texted Gena to come to pick me up once I got outside.

Me: Come pick me up, I'm ready.

Gena: Sorry girl, I'm already here, drinking so I can't drive. Ask my brother if he's not here yet but he's supposed to be. We both know he will drive you here.

That didn't go as planned so instead, I asked her brother as she asked me too, Wil, who wasn't there yet as he so claims he was 'fashionably late' coming to pick me up, pulled up in front of my house honking the horn, waving me over, rolling the window down.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

"a Mean Girls reference, really?" I got in with a giggle.

Wil is that kind of guy friend that you've been friends with for so long that you owe it to your friendship and yourselves to see if there is something more there, before my dad passed we talked about getting together but then my dad- and things got complicated so it just didn't seem right and I'm assuming he still likes me because he drops everything for me, no matter what it is - which is why he's here now, picking me up for a party I am only going to, to get away from my mother, who couldn't care less about what I did or how I felt.

When we got to the party I got out of his car and went into spencer's house which was extremely nice, you can tell how much money his parents had by his long driveway and his front foyer, his parents fight a lot but they leave for business trips a lot so he has these great parties. I walked through the door and saw that Gena and Spencer were sitting on the couch drinking and talking so I walked over to them as his butler José came up behind me and took my jacket.

"Oh my gosh, Kimberly, you came!" Gena got up from the couch as soon as she saw me and hugged me, as she stepped back from the hug and almost fell - her right heel snapped in half.

"Gena, sit down, you're going to hurt yourself, I'll go get you some water."

"No, no I'm fine I promise."

"Gena go take a seat," I sat her down on the couch again beside Spencer and went to one of Spencer's kitchens and grabbed Gena a glass of water. Grabbing the fancy wine glass from the glass shelf above his nice marble countertop. His house is so nice and quite breathtaking, I stood there for a second and took it all in until I heard something raddle on the other side of the window behind the sink, I looked, I stared. I see a black figure standing here with what looks to be a bat in his hand. I JUMPED. One of Spencer's friends tried to jump-scare me and sadly it worked.

"Hahah! I got you." he smiles and falls to the ground in laughter but I swear I saw something else. I'm probably just going insane. I fill up the fancy wine glass with water and head back to Gena.

I gasped and dropped the glass of water on the ground just missing my legs with the glass shards hitting the ground because although I knew she was drunk and bound to make mistakes I saw her, put her drink down and move into Spenser for a kiss, the guy I  like! She knew I had liked him for years but still did it anyways, she's my best friend and she HAS A BOYFRIEND!

Gena realized her mistake, pulled away from the kiss. "Aw fuck, Spencer I'm so sorry," she looked over at me with so much guilt and got up to try and chase me forgetting her right heel was broken "Kim wait please."

I didn't care, my eyes were full of tears and all I wanted to do was go home. The gut-wrenching betrayal was too overwhelming. I slammed spencers front door behind me and started running to get as far from Gena as I could, running has always been my thing- it's euphoria like the way drugs are for others- the bliss of running makes me feel like my problems go away but in this particular case there is no running away from it because I will have to see them both at school tomorrow, I ran 3 miles back to my house, I was a huffing mess with tears coming down my face. I fell to my knees and bawled my eyes out right there in the middle of the street 18 houses down from my own.

"Kim K?" ugh the nicknames, I rolled my eyes, "Are you ok? I saw you run out of the party," Wil said with care, pulling up beside me in his newly used, classic car.

"I'm fine, just go away." He put the car in park, got out and came over kneeling beside me before he helped me up to my feet.

"Smeared mascara is not a good look on you," trying to cheer me up.

"Haha yeah," Wil grabbed my arm and led me to his car to take me the rest of the way home but I stopped him, and looked him in his dark brown eyes, "thank you," I said just barely above a whisper, there was a slight pause before I hugged him burying my head into his shoulder, I lifted my head and he kissed my forehead gently, he took my hand and led me into the car again. Wil began to take me to my home but a familiar truck that he had seen before was in the driveway.

"Is that the principals tru-" he would've asked me but I had completely dozed off in the passenger seat. so instead of taking me home he took me to his place. It was nice and homie, quiet and a little out of town, still fast asleep. He scooped me up in his arms and carried me to his bed and took my shoes and socks off, tucking me in securely and let me sleep.