Chapter twelve

One month later: Spencer is ok, especially after he had some broken ribs, cuts and bruises all over. Does my mother still have a sore lower back from the baseball bat blow, and me? I'm fine, all the cuts are healed on my face and Derek...well he's sentenced to 11 years to life in prison for murder, attempted murder and mischief and so, so much more evidence that they found in his apartment and the back of his truck. We have a new principal now, he's nice, nothing like Leach, and he helps people a lot. His name is Mr. Joseph Arrow and I can safely say that he isn't madly in love with my mother and isn't going to try and kill us....I hope.

Although Derek is gone I still see him sometimes lurking in corners like a ghost or my nightmares chasing me or trying to kill me but I remind myself that I will be ok because he is behind bars, surviving a life sentence that he truly deserves and there is no way he will ever harm me, my mom or my friends again. We were having a memorial service for my father so we can finally put that in the past too. We all have been working on it for a while now, a new way to say goodbye.

My mom and I also put some of that drama of ours behind us, we moved closer to Spencer and my old high school. I graduated the rest of 12th grade happily and with great grades, the 90s + 100s, good enough that I got a scholarship to a college near my mom's birth town.

I've been with Spencer for almost a month and a half now, and I think there's going to be something more there like a long-lasting kind of thing, he's been a real big help with the memorial stuff, and he is trying to do most of the work so I don't have to worry but, I know he's still hurt so I take some stuff off his plate.

Spenser: Hey Kim, make sure to get your eulogy done!

Me: Oh em gosh I forgot to thank you so much for reminding me.

Spencer: No problem, I'll see you later, I love you!

Me: see you soon, love you more.