Chapter thirteen

It was so hard to find the right words for my eulogy, my father was much more than a father to me he was quite literally my favourite person, my best friend, the sun keeping me alive. I loved him, more than anything, more than my mom did.

"When writing a eulogy for your father, your memories in a way are supposed to honour who he was or what he wanted to be. I'd like to start by saying Thank you for giving me the gift of life, dad, and for giving me the privilege of knowing what it feels like to be loved unconditionally. I love you. If I could keep a penny for every time I misunderstood your love for me, I would be so rich and I'd also like to say thanks for always being understanding and patient with me. my speech broke for a second so I took a quick breath and continued.

Dad: A daughter's first hero, The pand owner of a dad in a child's life is unmatched, It is a wise father that knows his child, One father is more than a hundred best friends, A girl's first true love is her loving father.

switching pages to give myself time to calm I continue with, "These are some of my dads' favourite quotes from his favourite authors; Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry -Mark Twain, If my doctor told me I only had six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster -Isaac Asimov, I will miss you dad and I will cherish your love for me forever." my mother smiled at me from the audience of the church.

Everything went well after the service, I hugged everyone there as they cried in my arms, "Hi, thank you for coming, he loves you and he always will," or I'd say "you look amazing today, have a safe drive home," I spent most of my time with my mother to make sure she was ok. Coming home after the emotional rollercoaster of a day, I made my mother and me some tea and sat with her, and talked to her for hours.

My mother looked at me and gave me a massive happy grin, although, somewhere in the dark, a narrow pathway lies before the staircase of grief. A girl is walking towards the first step followed by my mother, she follows the girl all the way. She goes straight down the pitch-black void we like to call depression. As for my mother, she fell down those stairs to the bottom after her first step. You could say she was at least a bit upset. However this didn't start this way, it started like this...